Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

Study: CimeXa, Tempo, Alpine, Propoxur, Ravap, EcoExempt

(4 posts)
  1. Ombugsman

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 21 2017 13:05:40
    #

Login to Send PM

2. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 21 2017 16:53:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for sharing. Gives me something to read tonight.

Account closed
  3. SopranoKris

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 21 2017 16:56:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Great, the Alpine dust our PCO used is basically useless at only 46% efficacy. The more I'm finding out about chemical treatments, the more disgusted I am that a national company is using the least effective treatments available. We paid so much money to have our treatment done and we're still not BB free. AARRGGHH!!!! So frustrating!!!!

4. mp7ski

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 21 2017 18:11:19
    #

Login to Send PM

SopranoKris - 56 minutes ago  » 
    Great, the Alpine dust our PCO used is basically useless at only 46% efficacy. The more I'm finding out about chemical treatments, the more disgusted I am that a national company is using the least effective treatments available. We paid so much money to have our treatment done and we're still not BB free. AARRGGHH!!!! So frustrating!!!!

I hear ya, that's why I'm so dusgusted with these companies in MI. It makes no sense to me that companies who are specifically in business to exterminate pests, dont do the research on the newest and most effective products, especially when it comes to a pest such as bed bugs. These companies are a major part of the reason they are becoming an epidemic. That is why I am an advocate for more government control of these companies and funding as far treatments go.

Orkins inspector lied straight to my face... told me they had a 2 man team that worked bed bugs... worked with the University of Kentucky to find the 2 best chemicals, which they would use in my treatment, and that it usually takes them 2-3 hours to treat.

Well it was only one guy who came to treat, used an aerosol can of something and nothing else, and was done in ten minutes.

I was furious but I couldn't do anything, it was all my landlords doing and he already paid them.

The reality is the Orkins made the situation worse and now I'm forced to move. They need to be better regulated.

No aerosols or bombs, minimum amount of treatment time for certain square footage, must use a ipm approach using
    1) heat or steam
    2) certain chemicals which are also regulated
    3)certain dusts which are also regulated
    4)required to treat at least twice with a follow up inspection.

And as far as heat treatments go, they should be required to follow up with a chemical treatment and dusts directly after the heat treatment.

I understand this will make treatments too costly for some people but that's why there should be funding out there as well.

We can't just let these companies charge us so much money for treatments that don't get the job done. Something needs to be done to regulate them.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,831 posts in 43,552 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,669 members. Latest: bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1, Bug12345678