(2 posts)
  1. MCD525

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 13:02:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey all, need an opinion or two.

Infestation was in October, treated and treated HARD. Bagging, encasement, vacuum, DE, etc. Had exterminator come twice within 2 weeks. Last month (March) I found one long dead , nothing since.

Last night (April) I looked over to my wall as I was sitting on my bed to see a nymph crawling on the wall. There was absolutely no blood inside when killed, and was crawling pretty slowly.

I inspected my bed and found absolutely no other trace of any bugs - droppings/dead/alive or otherwise. Could this be one random bastard that held on for dear life this far out from the treatment or could I be facing another infestation??

2. mp7ski

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 13:17:11
    #

Login to Send PM

It could be a loner, possible, but more likely than not where there's one, there's more. You could sit back an monitor but if I were you, I'd at least have a pco out to inspect and see what they find/say. Another round of treatments may be necessary just to keep anything from getting out of hand. If I found a live bug this far out from the original treatment, I'd be taking some sort of action.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

255,552 posts in 40,924 topics over 125 months by 17,908 of 18,300 members. Latest: lagayle59, kleio, Tyedye203