Straggler??

(7 posts)
  1. Bughelp42

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 19:29:12
    #

Login to Send PM

4 treatments in a month, and I just found an adult bb on my wall. 😩Could it be a straggler? It wasn't moving great. But still alive. Bed is isolated, and I've been sleeping in here for 5 nights. But adult means eggs, so there could be a whole life cycle going in the wall I don't know about.

I'm going to demand I get moved at this point. I'm not sure if there are any legal ramifications considering I moved into this place with a bb problem and they acted as If they had no clue. I have no where else to go unless they move me to a new building, but I'm going to insist.

I'm so done.

2. Helerown

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 21:05:29
    #

Login to Send PM

How evasive were your treatments?

3. Bughelp42

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 21:21:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedlam plus and something else, not sure what it was, plus Dust in switch covers etc. first treatment was December 5. all of my stuff was heat treated in the dryer and bagged. The bugs were never in my bed, only the holes in the cinder block wall. I moved in and found the bugs 2 days later, my first night here

4. thirdusername

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 21:22:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Helerown - 14 minutes ago  » 
    How evasive were your treatments?

If it is like my building, not very good.
    My guess is they have such a big problem that they can't solve it so they rely on their regular pest control.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  5. thirdusername

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 21:24:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Bughelp42 - 1 hour ago  » 
    4 treatments in a month, and I just found an adult bb on my wall. 😩Could it be a straggler? It wasn't moving great. But still alive. Bed is isolated, and I've been sleeping in here for 5 nights. But adult means eggs, so there could be a whole life cycle going in the wall I don't know about.
    I'm going to demand I get moved at this point. I'm not sure if there are any legal ramifications considering I moved into this place with a bb problem and they acted as If they had no clue. I have no where else to go unless they move me to a new building, but I'm going to insist.
    I'm so done.

Laws vary by location.

6. Bughelp42

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 21:54:17
    #

Login to Send PM

It doesn't look like it's fed. I've never been bitten.
    I'm going to check into local laws.

7. Bughelp42

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jan 10 2018 10:41:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I've found a total of 4 bugs, all adult or near. All semi-dead. I assume because they are crossing the poison. I've been sleeping back in that room for 2 weeks, and was spending time in it during the day for the week prior and avoiding it completely the week before that. Surely they wouldn't just now be coming out of hiding to feed, right? These things don't look fed, and the apartment was empty from end of October-December, so it would be that long since they have fed. I'm just trying to figure out the likelihood that there are eggs and that I'll actually get rid of them in this apartment at this point. I can't believe I moved into such a mess here. Ugh

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

269,338 posts in 43,826 topics over 132 months by 19,191 of 19,804 members. Latest: Kellbells, cucucajube, Mitchell3845