Still getting bites after second treatment

(4 posts)
  1. idealist

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 12:11:54
    #

Login to Send PM

We had our second chemical treatment on 4/7. Our first was on 3/24. We are still getting bites and my PCO is not super responsive. We have a one year warranty and I'm wondering if I should ask them for a third treatment.

We live in a row house in DC and we got the bugs from our neighbors. Our neighbors have treated and all the houses next to them have also treated. My guess is that the bugs are finding nooks and crannies to crawl through now that their homes are inhospitable. Should I be asking my PCO to drill holes into the walls?

I still haven't gotten a written report from the second treatment. The report after the first treatment was boilerplate and I was pissed about that. I am concerned that we just paid these people a shit ton of money and they haven't done what they are supposed to. What should I do?

1. What questions should I be asking of my PCO?
    2. Should I ask for a third treatment?
    3. Any tips for treatment in an old row home?

2. idealist

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 22:35:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Would love some feedback, thanks.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 23:22:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I would recommend learning to look for signs of bed bugs-- bed bugs, cast skins, eggs and fecal stains. If you have a small problem remaining, fecal stains may be the easiest thing to find. If you are being bitten now, there will be new fecal stains.

Consider also that skin reactions don't always mean new bites. It's possible your reactions occur hours, days or even a week or more after being bitten, so they could be reactions to something a week or more ago. People have also reacted to dusts or chemical pesticides during treatmnet. There are other possibilities. That's why looking for visual evidence is a better idea.

Bed bug monitors may help you find new evidence also.

Since it's not unusual to need three treatments, you can ask for another, but I would not ignore the search for fecal stains or use of monitors.

Also, when PCOs treat, they should leave a slip with the products used, quantities and where applied. Did you get anything like that?

Have you talked to your attached neighbors? Unfortunately, you can get bed bugs from an attached house, and if this factor is not detected and addressed, they can keep coming.

A good PCO should have a plan for minimizing that danger, but I think it's a best practice to try and communicate with them.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. idealist

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 16:55:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 3 minutes ago  » 
    I would recommend learning to look for signs of bed bugs-- bed bugs, cast skins, eggs and fecal stains. If you have a small problem remaining, fecal stains may be the easiest thing to find. If you are being bitten now, there will be new fecal stains.
    Consider also that skin reactions don't always mean new bites. It's possible your reactions occur hours, days or even a week or more after being bitten, so they could be reactions to something a week or more ago. People have also reacted to dusts or chemical pesticides during treatmnet. There are other possibilities. That's why looking for visual evidence is a better idea.
    Bed bug monitors may help you find new evidence also.
    Since it's not unusual to need three treatments, you can ask for another, but I would not ignore the search for fecal stains or use of monitors.
    Also, when PCOs treat, they should leave a slip with the products used, quantities and where applied. Did you get anything like that?
    Have you talked to your attached neighbors? Unfortunately, you can get bed bugs from an attached house, and if this factor is not detected and addressed, they can keep coming.
    A good PCO should have a plan for minimizing that danger, but I think it's a best practice to try and communicate with them.

I am super anal about looking for signs. Before the K9 inspection there were literally no signs, but then after the first treatment, we starting seeing more signs (more fecal stains) and bites. I just saw a fecal stain on my pillow case from 2 nights ago and literally picked a bug off my face as it was feeding on me. So yes, we still have bugs.

They used Exciter on the cracks and crevices. They also used Gentrol IGR concentrate in the crack and crevices. They said they mixed Exciter and Gentrol IGR with Temprid SC.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,518 posts in 43,261 topics over 130 months by 18,974 of 19,552 members. Latest: Buggered23, randomuser77, Bug Phobia