Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Steamers?

(9 posts)
  1. persephone86

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jan 8 2010 14:05:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I just had my first spray this week, which seems to be working. No bites on the couch last night! ::knock on wood:: And I have a second spray scheduled for two weeks from now. I am looking of course at the long term and know that I should invest in a steamer. I don't have a large budget, but can anyone recommend a fairly priced, yet reliable steamer that will aid in zapping these little monsters?

2. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jan 8 2010 14:12:46
    #

Login to Send PM

If I had it to do over again, I'd invest in a Packtite (Assuming you're in the US ) instead of a steamer. My steamer sits uselessly in a closet.

A Packtite can treat all the items a steamer can (and a few it can't) and can be used to decontaminate luggage, bags, coats, shoes, and so on that might have been exposed elsewhere.

3. persephone86

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jan 8 2010 14:19:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, I have the Packtite and have been baking everything it will hold! I love that thing! But I am thinking of it more along the lines of something for the nooks and crannies in furniture, along my baseboards, etc.

4. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jan 8 2010 15:16:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Your steaming of cracks might interfere with the applied chems. Be careful.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  5. wchicago

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jan 8 2010 15:35:12
    #

Login to Send PM

hi persephone
    i love my vapormore - since you're in chicago <?> if you wanted to come see it before you buy, pm me. also clark-devon hardware rentsout whitw wing steamers if you don't want to buy one. good luck!

6. persephone86

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jan 8 2010 16:16:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks wchicago! I will definitely look the Vapormore online and into Clark-Devon Hardware as well. I know exactly where they are. And I was planning on using the steamer as part of my maintenance after my second spray and only after the PCO says I can steam and vacuum without doing any damage to the chemicals he sprayed. He said I was already being very proactive with all of my efforts and that my infestation was small. Whew! I just want to keep up the good work!

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jan 8 2010 17:33:47
    #

Login to Send PM

We have a steam FAQ which may be helpful.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jan 8 2010 17:45:55
    #

Login to Send PM

And wchicago, I just added your tip about Chicago White Wing rentals to the FAQ. Thanks!

9. persephone86

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jan 9 2010 16:20:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the great advice guys and the link to the FAQ section. I hadn't been able to find it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

247,850 posts in 39,681 topics over 120 months by 17,396 of 17,705 members. Latest: heather68, Oakland, OC1234