Stains in the middle of mattress? ID needed

(2 posts)
  1. scarred4lyfe

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri May 19 2017 8:19:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I was changing my sheets today, and I noticed the following faded, yellowish stains on top of the bed bug mattress cover, beneath our top sheet:

https://ibb.co/hRZtCa

Location wise, these are pretty much in the middle of our mattress, near where our torsos/butts are typically when we are sleeping. I am hoping the stains are from something like sweat as it has been hot in the apartment lately, but at the same time it seems weird that they are in these smaller, separate pools like this. I'm also sorry for posting another question, but I'm hoping to understand more about my surroundings/what to look for in case bed bugs. I've been grateful and relieved at the insight I've received in other posts.

Do these look like typical bed bug blood stains? Or are they too faded? Don't bed bugs typically congregate/stain toward the seams and edges? We've had no other symptoms aside from analyzing every possible thing that could be a bite (the usual mania).

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri May 19 2017 9:25:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No its not bed bug related.

It is most likely fluid of a human nature .

If you have access to a UV / black light source (or blue and purple sharpie pens and sticky tape) it should glow to confirm proteins.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,798 posts in 42,219 topics over 127 months by 18,529 of 19,024 members. Latest: Graham35, katieny, teemo87