(2 posts)
  1. lbyrd6

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 18:06:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone,

I don't think my first post worked - my internet is not so great at the mo.

I was wondering if someone could help me ID this mark I found on my bed about two days ago, it was on the sheet under my pillows. It didn't smudge when I rubbed with a damp cloth but only when I scratched at it with my nail. There are no other marks on any of my bedding or on the bed or bed frame.

I had a very bad experience a few years ago with bird/rat mites in student accommodation so try to be vigilant and not get too worried but it does cause a lot of anxiety for me. I have had problems with sleep or getting bites ever since.

The pest control guy who I saw when I was having problems as a student told me to always check your hotel room no matter how nice it seems. I stayed in a hotel about a week ago that may have had bugs. I thought I saw evidence of stains and I moved rooms very quickly and was careful to check my things and wash everything when I got home. However, I was travelling with family so am worried something could have stowed away with them...I do have a couple of bites but I have been bitten by bed bugs on one occasion in a hotel a couple of years ago and my reaction was quite severe then, I was covered head to toe and they were large and very itchy and these bites are not really bothering me.

Thank you in advance for your help!

2. lbyrd6

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 18:07:00
    #

Login to Send PM

lbyrd6 - 13 seconds ago  » 

26735032_10157160347898747_502546422_o<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hi everyone,
    I don't think my first post worked - my internet is not so great at the mo.
    I was wondering if someone could help me ID this mark I found on my bed about two days ago, it was on the sheet under my pillows. It didn't smudge when I rubbed with a damp cloth but only when I scratched at it with my nail. There are no other marks on any of my bedding or on the bed or bed frame.
    I had a very bad experience a few years ago with bird/rat mites in student accommodation so try to be vigilant and not get too worried but it does cause a lot of anxiety for me. I have had problems with sleep or getting bites ever since.
    The pest control guy who I saw when I was having problems as a student told me to always check your hotel room no matter how nice it seems. I stayed in a hotel about a week ago that may have had bugs. I thought I saw evidence of stains and I moved rooms very quickly and was careful to check my things and wash everything when I got home. However, I was travelling with family so am worried something could have stowed away with them...I do have a couple of bites but I have been bitten by bed bugs on one occasion in a hotel a couple of years ago and my reaction was quite severe then, I was covered head to toe and they were large and very itchy and these bites are not really bothering me.
    Thank you in advance for your help!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,258 posts in 46,529 topics over 141 months by 20,520 of 21,381 members. Latest: alize, Worrybug, bugBgone123