Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

spot on mattress & bites.. time to start panicking ? (pics)

(5 posts)
  1. metzger23

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Dec 13 2010 17:07:02
    #

Login to Send PM

One bite on my neck.. 2 on my back and one on my ass spread over a week and a half. Found a spot on my sheets that has all of the signs of it being from a bed bug... I cleaned like crazy yesterday. Found something that could have possibly been molted skin but I threw it out before I had seen pics of what that looks like.... My bites seem kind of painful though, I don't know if that's normal. Maybe ill wait for one more bite or sign before I tell my landlord...ug this sucks.

spot
    after wipe
    bite

2. Bug wary

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Dec 13 2010 17:33:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm relatively new to the site and am no expert. Bites alone are not determinative. Similalry a blood spot alone is not determinative. When things start accumulating, one has to pay attention. The molting skin is suspicious. So, taken together, I'd be on alert.

Bite reactions vary . Some people are asymptomatic with no evidence or awareness of bites and others can react severely.

Bugs typically feed about once a week. If you are getting bitten more regularly that could be indicative of multiple bugs feeding at different times. An infestation can get out of hand pretty quickly.

If it wer me, I would ask for an inspection. PCOs might not treat until you can produce eveidnce of bugs like more blood, fecal spots, cast skins, or the motherlode- a bug.

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Dec 13 2010 17:57:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't zoom the shot in on my ipad, and the lighting is a bit strange from what I see.

BUT ... I don't think its bed bug related based on what I can see. Maybe a pro can give you a better answer or I can recheck it late tonight. If possible, change the lighting and take another shot. I should also mention that you will not get that kind of reaction when you wipe a fecal stain, like you noted in the second picture. This is why im saying I don't think so.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Dec 13 2010 18:33:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its most like fresh blood which is a non confirming sign of bedbugs, it can indicate an issue but its not confirming.

I say most like because the smear pic does not have the usual staining characteristics of blood so I am going to lean towards a red liquid possibly blood on this one.

It is 100% not bedbug faecal blood which would be a different colour and consistancy.

The bite locations are also not consistant with bedbugs so I would have to suggest checking a plug in fleas trap for a few days. Gently bag the laundry in a green clean dissolvable bag and wash it at 60 degree centegrade or local equivilent.

Give the room a deep clean and inspect for confirming signs:

• Live samples
    • Cast skins
    • Faecal traces

I would not overly worry though at this stage.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.
  5. metzger23

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Dec 13 2010 19:13:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much guys... Id get a better picture but I washed the sheets already. Let the laundry marathon begin!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.