Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Sometimes it just takes someone saying the right thing at the right moment...

(3 posts)
  1. Innocence Stolen

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Apr 20 2017 15:14:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't know if this will help anyone else, but I thought I'd pass along anyway.

We've been dealing with a 'minor' bed bug infestation since Nov 2106. They got into our apartment from another tenants infestation. I say ours is minor because I know others haven't fared as well as we have, but we did spend hour after hour researching and immediately got to work. I tore my place apart and got rid of tons of stuff, including all my living room furniture where they were living, (all of it was taken to our local incinerator). And every single stitch of fabric items are all in zip lock bags. So we were able to limit the bug's population right away and then did the DE and some spraying.

Initially, I would wake every morning and cry before even getting out of bed. I was depressed beyond words. We all know the shame and horror and the range of emotions when discovering your home has been invaded by bed bugs. My daughter who lives in another country called me and I was crying on the phone about it to her and she said something that made a difference for me.

She said, "Mamma, just think of them as mosquitoes, but without wings."

I thought about it and she's right. My skin reaction to bed bugs is pretty much the same as what it looks like when I am eaten alive by mosquitoes, and man-o-man do mosquitoes love me! Yes, I realize there's a difference in the two insects with extermination and home invasion, but it did make me feel a little better. After that conversation, my depression wasn't nearly so bad and it made me fight harder to rid myself of them. I bought a steamer from Fingerhut, (ez payments), and went back around with that, then bed bug spray and lastly, more DE. I can't tell you were rid of them, but the bites have drastically reduced and we can no longer find bugs or any evidence of them. My daughter's statement was what I needed to hear and I hope it helps at least one other person here ♥ We can do this folks! Fight the good fight and do not let your guard down! Keep at them. It's YOUR home - it's a LOT of work, but we can do this!!!

2. Livingagain

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Apr 20 2017 19:30:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Awww. That's nice. Good advice. I hope things are going well for you!

Oh, and Cimexa is more effective than DE, if you still have stragglers.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Apr 20 2017 19:40:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I am glad it helped. Thanks for sharing!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,582 posts in 43,275 topics over 130 months by 18,981 of 19,559 members. Latest: Ehe22, Koonspg4s, slynnp1