So NOT fun!!

(10 posts)
  1. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 30 2017 23:19:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, on November 6th, I found a couple skins and a live bug along the piping of my back couch cushions. I put them into a baggie and started researching online. Became certain it was bed bugs. I contacted a couple PCO companies and set up for one to come on the 7th. Within an hour of finding this, I moved my couch out. It was a 2 piece sectional and I loved it 6 feet, out the patio door. I vacuumed, threw out throw pillows, pulled area rugs. All gone!! And waited. I kept researching online and I started looking along baseboards, corners, other furniture. Took sheets off my bed, no signs. Looked along mattress and box spring edges, still nothing. There were no signs ANYWHERE. BTW, my mattress and box spring are already in encasements. When I bought them new 2 years ago, the delivery men put them in the encasements when they delivered them and they have stayed in them. There are NO signs of bed bugs or fecal matter. I went out side to look at the corner of my sectional where the 2 pieces meet. There were some live bugs and eggs. My couch was dark brown and the eggs were noticeable. Anyways, the PCO came the next day and went through the house. Checked along carpet, baseboard, outlets through the house. He lifted my sheets, and mattress inspected all of that and then looked at me like I was crazy. So I took him to my couch that was outside. When he saw what I had seen, he confirmed bed bugs. The PCO told me that I probably removed a large portion of them by taking that couch out. But I'm not stupid. If they were there, they are probably in other places. Also, I slept on my couch almost every night. Very rarely did I sleep in bed. So the PCO said they could start treatment or put traps out to make sure there were more. After talking to my landlord, or better yet, having a very heated discussion, the landlord chose to treat himself. He is using Temprid SC and Cimexa. He has done 2 treatments of Temprid and he applied Cimexa to all the outlets. I have bought Cimexa also and I have applied it to all baseboard cracks, crevices and nail holes. I also took my headboard off and treated that and frame. I am wondering if I should apply it to my wood furniture? Clothes are bagged. I don't have a washer and dryer but I go to the laundromat once a week and I'm taking sheets, blankets and pillows each time and at least running them on hot for 45 mins. I am limited on what I can do because of personal circumstances but I'm doing what I can. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Dec 2 2017 8:49:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Does anyone have any input, suggestions?

3. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 19:42:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hoping to get a response. Coming up on third treatment this Saturday. Landlord is spraying Temprid SC. I feel he should be doing it every 7 days but he isn't. H is coming every 2 weeks. Anyways, have Cimexa down also. I hadn't done all rooms yet because landlord is spraying again and I don't want the dust disturbed. BUT, my son found a bed bug on him about an hour ago. It was very very tiny and had just bit him. I smashed it with tweezers and had a nice red spot form. So, I have dusted his room and his futon. Bagged his pillows and blankets. I don't have a washer and dryer, so I can't wash or dry anything yet. I'm upset. I was hoping things were starting to swing a better way. Had not seen any thing and now this.... what more can I do?

4. hearty

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 20:02:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi CatsMeow, it sounds like you're doing everything you can plus working with PCO's. I am no expert, am still fighting them myself. Outside of cleaning, vacuuming properly(with safety measures to not spread), plastic bagging clothes and bedding to bring to laundromat it just seems like a constant effort until they are gone. I use alcohol wipes and spray as well. My PCO told me to use my blow dryer for some things if I wanted to feel safe (like suitcase or other things) It's a process so: do what you can, work with landlords and PCOs, keep at it and take care of yourself in between, relax. Good luck...

5. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 20:09:45
    #

Login to Send PM

hearty - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Hi CatsMeow, it sounds like you're doing everything you can plus working with PCO's. I am no expert, am still fighting them myself. Outside of cleaning, vacuuming properly(with safety measures to not spread), plastic bagging clothes and bedding to bring to laundromat it just seems like a constant effort until they are gone. I use alcohol wipes and spray as well. My PCO told me to use my blow dryer for some things if I wanted to feel safe (like suitcase or other things) It's a process so: do what you can, work with landlords and PCOs, keep at it and take care of yourself in between, relax. Good luck...

Thanks hearty. I just feel that maybe I'm missing something. It devastated me to have one on my son. I almost started crying. I will be asking the landlord to spray 7 days after this next treatment. I may by the Temprid myself, so I can continue treating until I see nothing. Other than the initial find, this is the first sighting of any.

6. hearty

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 20:23:31
    #

Login to Send PM

It must be horrifying to see them on your children, I have read same from other moms on this forum. But basically following protocol is all we can do. Pets must be hard as well. Can't hot wash a cat or alcohol spray them! Ha, I made a joke...it's bad enough just being me single no pets. I have people come in though and take all measures to keep them safe.

7. hearty

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 20:28:45
    #

Login to Send PM

CatsMeow, do you know how you got them?

8. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 20:33:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know the legalities of the landlord trying to treat it himself but that would scare me.

Best wishes.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  9. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 20:53:44
    #

Login to Send PM

hearty - 22 minutes ago  » 
    CatsMeow, do you know how you got them?

I originally thought maybe from the dentist office because that is the only place I have been, other than grocery store, in the past 4 months. But my daughter was down at Thanksgiving and I told her what has been going on. She told me her ex boyfriend is them. I flipped out. She keeps saying that they don't have them at her dad's house. But I'm starting to wonder if she brought them with her this past summer.

10. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 20:55:44
    #

Login to Send PM

thirdusername - 20 minutes ago  » 
    I don't know the legalities of the landlord trying to treat it himself but that would scare me.
    Best wishes.

The state I live in has no clear landlord/tenant rights regarding this. And since the bugs "weren't here when I moved in 3 years ago" I could be responsible. So I have to let him treat it. I am looking into moving. If I don't, I will pay for heat treatment next month.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1