So, how many bites are a lot?

(3 posts)
  1. Kalarr

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 16:24:15
    #

Login to Send PM

How many bites are a lot of bites? Also, can one tell the severity of the infestation by the number of bites one has?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 1:59:10
    #

Login to Send PM

You can't look at skin reactions and assume bed bugs caused them. It's also hard to know how long it took you to react, if they were bed bug bites. I understand that one bed bug feeding once may cause more than one reaction (for example, if they are disturbed and move and start again.)

So the best gauge of how many bed bugs you have is the number of bed bugs, cast skins, eggs, and fecal stains are found by someone who knows what to look for.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 2:04:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Just based on the pattern, and amount of movement when I sleep, I had one bug bite and move and bite and move.... enough to cause a line of 7 bites up my arm. (Obviously I dont know for sure it was 1, I'm assuming... had I seen it, it wouldn't have gotten me 6 more times)

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the pros.

Good luck to all, and please research anything you are thinking about possibly doing prior to doing it- SAFETY FIRST!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,674 posts in 42,198 topics over 127 months by 18,524 of 19,017 members. Latest: Tglock, Rae13, Buggybuggy335