(5 posts)
  1. harig

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Sep 13 2017 17:28:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would really appreciate the advice of this community with the below.

Recently I started finding small allergic bumps on my skin similar to bb bites. I have searched my bedroom and found a 10+ carpet beetle larvae. I hoovered, and cleaned and treated the affected rooms and the bites have reduced somewhat since then.

Today I was sitting on my bed (completely awake), and felt an insect crawling on my chest, and I immediately smashed it without looking at it.

I could not accurately identify what it was based on the remains, although some red blood-like residue remained on my fingers.

I have attached an image of the parts that I have managed to save. I seem to recognise some transparent parts that could be wings which would rule out the bb potential but the reddish colour of the body and the dried blood-like substance don't let me put my mind at ease.

Thank you for your help in advance.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPW1eL8EqBuWVDMdIKqYMKh21IMZ8_dyLzVXjVmAg7WI7MUdDQ9k0mSEo5GQDaIgg?key=Sm1RT2VmN3lkRTdPZHFMb2dwWUltbWs0MDV6UzFB

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 6:05:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its too out of focus but with what appear to be wings you can rule out bed bugs. The head outline is also incorrect.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. harig

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 6:56:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you David for your swift response.

Unfortunately what looks like a head on the picture could just be a broken piece of the abdomen. Could the translucent membraneous parts be anything from inside a bb?

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 9:17:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Parts of what appears to be in the image cant technically come from a bed bug, out of focus or not.

Sorry I cant be more specific as to what it is, a better image would help.

David

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 9:27:45
    #

Login to Send PM

It's too out of focus to tell you much of anything except it's not a bed bug. Zooming in just makes it worse. Get closer to the insect. Put it on lined paper so the autofocus can work.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,818 posts in 43,334 topics over 131 months by 18,996 of 19,572 members. Latest: April13Hincher, Bedbughell99, minicooper78