Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

small ROUND white 'eggs'

(3 posts)
  1. Grateful for Help

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jul 1 2011 10:04:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, so while doing weekly inspection under the couch (I need to find a way to get paid for this new part-time job I have of inspecting) I found on the bare hardwood floor, two patches of small white ROUND spheres, kind of stuck together, or drifted together. * The few other eggs we found a long time ago were definitely oval shaped, these are tiny round balls. I taped a couple and they sort of popped and squished inside the tape when I pressed them.

Could these be BB eggs? What other insect lays little patches of round eggs in a relatively unprotected area of floor?

Thanks, sorry if this is a waste of time question.
    ~Grateful for help

*(For those Homeopaths out there, they looked like the tiniest hard homeopathic pill size...).

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jul 1 2011 10:36:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Never seen a round egg and given that variation of such a basic feature of bedbug biology is highly unlikely I would say its not likely to be an egg.

If you find more try and use a flat bed document scanner to get an image and post a link. Its so much easier to be certain with an image to work from.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Open minds find faster solutions"

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  3. Grateful for Help

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jul 1 2011 12:33:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, took a photo, but don't yet have an account to link to.

Will try to get that soon, since I also want to post scans of small round white 'bbs' with a black dot in their abdomen. I'm confused why they're the shape of adults, but teeny tiny, and clearish/white round, not tan/clearish and longer shaped like the photos of nymphs. They've been caught in my climbups.
    Thanks again.
    ~Grateful for Help

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

201,793 posts in 31,271 topics over 95 months by 13,528 of 14,303 members. Latest: scaredofbedbugs520, HALP2k14, Camoo