Sleeping on the floor?

(4 posts)
  1. Sparky5566

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 11 2017 11:32:39
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband and I were sitting on the couch last week when he spotted a bed bug. We immediately took a picture, and killed it. We searched the couch, flipped it over, cut the bottom fabric off so we could see inside. Found one more. No signs of shells, blood, or eggs. So we went and bought some spray that was supposed to kill the eggs and any live bugs. We also searched our bedroom, dressers, and our daughters bed and dressers. Same thing. No signs of any bugs, shells, blood spots, eggs. I checked the couch a couple days later and found 3 dead bugs on the side. I couldn't even stand to look at our couch so I made my husband take it and dump it. Now here's my problem. Was that a mistake? Because now I'm afraid that they will come to our bedrooms looming for us, making the whole situation worse. Should we sleep on the floor in the living room? To draw them out to us? I sprinkled DE all around the baseboards and our beds, and we also got mattress covers. We have always slept in our bed. My hope is that since we only found 5 bugs (2 alive and 3 dead) and no other signs of them that they came in on our clothes, or backpack and we caught it right away.

2. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 11 2017 11:53:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Could you post the picture you took so it can get ID? Also do you have attached neighbors?

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  3. Sparky5566

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 11 2017 12:16:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, Give me a minute to figure out how to add one, lol I'm not very good at this stuff. We have one neighbor attached to us. One of my first thoughts were them possibly coming from the neighbor. He's an older guy who works part time at a carpet cleaning business.

4. Sparky5566

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 11 2017 12:28:38
    #

Login to Send PM

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd