Sleep Country Bed Bugs

(6 posts)
  1. sleepcountrybedbugs

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 12:50:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm looking for anyone else who may have purchased a mattress from Sleep Country Canada and then got bed bugs.

My Wife and I purchase a mattress from Sleep Country and within two days of delivery she started to show signs of bed bug bites.

It has taken a lot of time and money to get ride of the infestation and we are now looking to sue Sleep Country. If anyone has had a similar experience I would love to connect with you. Please message me or reply to this thread.

Thanks

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 13:33:49
    #

Login to Send PM

This question comes up from time to time, but bed bugs coming from a manufacturing source would be out of place. If anything I would check the delivery truck, but even then it's going to be incredibly hard to prove.

What whispers the whisker?
  3. sleepcountrybedbugs

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 22:13:04
    #

Login to Send PM

What you say is true, however based on the operating procedures Sleep Country has in place its not difficult to see how they could easily be the source of the problem

Sleep Country takes in old mattresses when delivering the new ones. This means they may have picked up a contaminated mattress.

They also allow you to return your mattress within 90 days if your not happy. They do NOT heat treat these returns and they store them in the warehouse with the other mattresses.

At this time we are just looking to see if anyone else has experienced a similar problem.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 23:48:47
    #

Login to Send PM

sleepcountrybedbugs:
    That's happened in other deliveries from other companies as well. As long as the same truck picks up old ones and delivers new ones without (at least) totally wrapping old ones, this will continue to happen.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Hunty

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Fri Sep 15 2017 16:40:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I got a replacement bed due a warranty issue on August 23th from Sleep Country and am now experiencing what seems to me to be bed bugs. Just waiting for pest control to come and inspect. I have the bites in groups, I just can't see the bugs or signs of the bugs.

6. bedbugsbugme

Posted 5 days ago
    Fri Sep 15 2017 17:32:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I bought a mix and match set and single mattress (which was the floor model) from Sleep country Canada, about 2 months before we found out we had bed bugs.......hmmmmm

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

263,718 posts in 42,630 topics over 128 months by 18,711 of 19,242 members. Latest: Brightly79, InaneVelocity, ElisaR