Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

skin reactions

(3 posts)
  1. jannifer20

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Sep 11 2008 15:40:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone had skin reactions which looked like a bite, then disappeared and then weren't a bite. Could this be an allergy? This happened to me.

Thanks

2. tisIsaidthefly

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Sep 11 2008 22:13:32
    #

Login to Send PM

sounds like you might have gotten a temporary case of hives. this can be from an allergic reaction of some kind. Did you eat anything different than usual or use a new medication or product? If it is hives, over the counter Benadryl would possibly help although you might want to talk to your doctor first just to make sure as I'm no expert on this subject. I wish you luck though and that it is just a temporary reaction and not bedbugs.

3. NYCbugfree

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Mar 29 2011 16:12:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert by any means but this happens to me all the time (and actually used to happen even before my bb ordeal) and it is unnerving when you are suspecting bedbugs.

People react differently and the reaction to a bedbug bite is actually an allergic reaction to the venom used to numb you so they can feed. So yes it is an allergy no matter what. The question is what is this an allergy to? Do you have any other reasons to believe you have bbs?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,790 posts in 29,332 topics over 90 months by 12,647 of 19,900 members. Latest: mightywarrior, badbadbug, crawlinginmyownskin