Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Single bite every few weeks -- bed bugs?

(3 posts)
  1. maxdc

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jun 25 2017 10:15:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Greetings:

I found signs of an infestation (a single case skin and eventually some fecal spottting on my mattress tag) in April and had two rounds of chemical treatment that ended in early May. Since then, I've had three instances of single red bites that turn red and inflamed after some amount of time (at least a few hours but not sure how long). In each case, it's been one single bite, and they've appeared about a week or two apart. I also spend a lot of time outside (biking is my primary mode of transportation), and I live in an area with many mosquitos. They don't look quite like what I remember mosquito bites looking like though. They also don't itch.

My question is: how likely would it be for someone to experience only single bed bug bites that far apart? I know that the classic 3 bites in a row pattern is not always seen, but my impression has been that usually people see more than one bite. Also, when I found evidence of an infestation, I hadn't noticed any bites on my skin (so I thought I might be one of the people who doesn't react).

2. jpat

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 13:33:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm going through the same thing. Caught it early, had 3 treatments and on the 5th night after the last treatment I've got some red bump on my shoulder. It doesn't itch and doesn't match the patterns I've had in the past with bites. I also do a fair amount of biking. It could be something like a chigger or a mild mosquito bite, maybe? I'm hoping that since we're in the same boat this is just one of thousands of things that could cause a skin reaction.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 13:35:37
    #

Login to Send PM

It doesn't sound like bed bugs is your issue, mosquitoes would be where I would look.

What whispers the whisker?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

259,592 posts in 41,774 topics over 127 months by 18,321 of 18,789 members. Latest: Murtyz, Winnie93x, buggyname