Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Should I move after treatment?

(3 posts)
  1. hitch

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 23:16:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in a 4 storey building in Montreal, that has 4 apts per floor. I found a single female bb on the floor (no bites or stains) on December 9th. The landlord who owns the whole building had my unit plus the adjacent ones treated with Prelude/Permethrin on December 12th and repeated the treatment today (January 10th) because I was travelling before. The PCO didn't find any other signs of BBs here.

The concierge told me today that the apt two floors below mine had BBs last August and has been treated, but that the guy living there treated "with products" by himself before the actual treatment, which I think may have spread the bugs. I know for a fact that my next door neighbor has had BBs in 2015 and also another apartment downstairs. Though the landlord acted fast, I'm also worried that he proudly told me the PCO "left a bottle" of pesticide with him just in case, so he's doing something dangerous and cheap. I told him not to preventive spray because of bug resistance.

With all that history of BBs in the building, I'm afraid that it's only a matter of time before they show up again. I wonder if they could also be coming from the next building.

So should I take in consideration that the landlord is treating fast and stay, or should I move to another building and risk dealing with a worse landlord who wouldn't be able to treat other units?

What would you guys do?

2. Norestnosleepnopeace

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 23:55:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, I can only speak for myself that running from bed bugs has done me no good. They seem to be everywhere I choose to go, but of course that could just be me...

3. hitch

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 0:47:58
    #

Login to Send PM

The last and only place I lived in this city (with roomates) was infested with BBs and that made me decide to move out and live by myself. I don't have a lot of stuff, I had no furniture back then and because I lived for 8 months without any signs of them on this new place I think I did a clean move back then. But here I am again with a BB situation.

I'm a little paranoid right now, so I don't know what's the best thing to do. I bought Cimexa from ebay and I'm planning to use it for prevention.

I want to live a normal life, buy a good tv, my own furniture etc, but I can't stop thinking I should not have a lot of stuff in case I need to move fast.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,577 posts in 43,275 topics over 130 months by 18,981 of 19,559 members. Latest: Ehe22, Koonspg4s, slynnp1