Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Should have asked for USABB Gift Certificate

(5 posts)
  1. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Oct 25 2012 14:24:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, just made another purchase from USA Bed Bugs. I really ought to have asked for a gift certificate from them for my birthday!

I'm moving out of my apartment and back into my house at the end of November. However, I haven't been staying at the apartment for the past month. It was treated four times and declared in the clear. I stopped staying there after the last treatment. I've been going there on the weekends to Packtite and prepare any belongings that I am moving into the house.

Anyhow, because my landlords are really wonderful people, I decided to purchase the Active Monitor which I will set up this weekend. I know that they would feel absolutely terrible if they rented the apartment to someone else only to find out that it is still infested after all of the money and time that they spent (they would come over to supervise all the treatments). I know that I could have told them to purchase it, but I figured it was the least I could do for them (I mean, what kind of landlords give you Christmas gifts?).

I also wanted to let folks know that I've purchased quite a few things from USABB, and they have always been terrific to deal with. For those in the US, the shipping is pretty fast, and it's free if you use the code BBFREE in the coupon code area. Nice company to work with.

2. Kass2010

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Oct 25 2012 15:00:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Anna, you are hilarious! I also think a gift certificate to US Bed Bugs would make an awesome b-day gift, considering how many times I've ordered from there (through this site, of course, as it's the least I can do given how helpful/sanity-saving it's been!). That's so great of you to get the Active Monitor for your landlords - I used it several times after my last treatment when I left for a series of work-related travel obligations, and I can't tell you how much peace of mind it gave me.

And I agree, they have very fast shipping in the US (I think they ship out from Illinois), and fantastic customer service. I also appreciate, as you mentioned before, how they tape the heck out of all their packages, and how the shipper's address is labeled discreetly as USBB so people who live in apt complexes like me don't have to be judged for getting packages from "US Bed Bugs." The only thing I wish they would change, although it's probably just me, keep the labeling as USBB on credit card charges, for those of us who sometimes need our statements for work-related reimbursements and don't want our employers to wonder, why does she have so many transactions with "US Bed Bugs?!" Oh, and their Protect-a-Bed ad with the BBs on it on this site - makes me cringe every time!

3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Oct 25 2012 15:03:29
    #

Login to Send PM

My only issue is that it says USBB or something like that..which someone could google..I swore I ordered from them before and it said North Shore or something like that..oh well... (is US Bedbugs different from USA BB) on the return address? I have nosy neighbors, and it was sitting outside my door when I got home.

I did click through the links so my purchase would benefit this site a teeny, tiny bit.

I bought BB Blue (which after 10 swabs has confirmed that I'm nuts), two passives for my new space (I may packtite them before putting them on, will do a separate thread), a magnifying glass (which has confirmed that I eat more things with seeds in them and apparantly drop them willy-nilly around my work area..yikes!!!), and...a seat cover (silly, silly, I know).

Good luck, Buggy!!!!

And DITTO on the credit card statements!!! Great comment!

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  4. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Oct 25 2012 15:12:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Kass - I SO agree about the Protect a Bed ad! Hilarious! Hmmm...could you use a different credit card than the one you would use for work?

TAOT - when I googled USABB the closest thing to identifying the company was a link to one of the posts here, and it was at the very bottom of the page. There were plenty of other things/items/companies that came up much higher in the search, so I think you'd be pretty safe. And you are too funny with the seed comment.

Of course I clicked through from this site!

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Oct 25 2012 23:49:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi All,

Thanks for ordering via this site. It keeps us running and really is very much appreciated.

I just googled "USBB" and there was no mention of this business in six pages. (Gave up after that.) That said, I should point out that when this thread gets indexed, it's probably going to point right here.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,513 posts in 44,038 topics over 133 months by 19,284 of 19,912 members. Latest: Aegis_, paulsinn, emeralddragonfly