Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Bed Sheet Stain ID (photos) - Blood, feces or neither?

(5 posts)
  1. nephalem

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 29 2012 22:34:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Please excuse me as I am rather new to the world of bed bugs personally. I'll try to be brief but include as much information as I have available presently.

The facts:
    My landlord came in to do a routine "extermination" today. He uses the stuff that "turns to white powder when it evaporates". When I came home from work, something seemed amiss so I gave him a call.
    He told me that he found one bed bug on my wall and removed it. Also that he put down whatever chemical it is he uses, as was his original intention.
    Several months ago, a woman in our building was "pretty badly infested" but it had been "taken care of". I don't know if she was on my floor or on the other side of the building, or what.

So anyways - its apparent to me that I am not devoid of bed bugs entirely. To what extent, I am unsure. I can't seem to find anything in my mattress or on the baseboards.

However, a few weeks ago I noticed a strange stain on my sheets. I thought nothing of it at the time. But now that I've fed my paranoia with internet research, I'm starting to suspect that I've found two spots of dried bed bug blood (or maybe its my blood) or feces.

I read that if you wash your sheets, the blood/feces can look similar to what I've found.

If someone can please provide some insight as to what is in these photos, and if it's BB related, I'd be most grateful. I am very sensitive to bugs in general and I am freaking out!

Thanks in advance.

The pics:
    http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m481/prof_light/IMG_0038.jpg
    http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m481/prof_light/IMG_0039.jpg

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 30 2012 0:23:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, they do in fact look like fecal traces. I recommend you discuss your findings with the land lord. He may have not treated your apartment in the way he should have. Please look into the laws for your area and find out if the treatments should be done by a professional.

Best of Luck!

3. nephalem

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 30 2012 0:51:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your reply :-/

Before I posted this thread, I did call my landlord for the second time. The reason I called again was actually because of those stains, even though I wasn't sure if they could be confirmed as the result of BB.

He played down the severity and made it sound like a non-issue. So, I'm not entirely sure what I can do by contacting him again.

I will be calling him again tomorrow, but I don't know what to say or what I can accomplish in doing so.

I have heard other tenants discuss how "cheap" he is, and that he does all of the "extermination" himself to avoid paying for a PCO. Seems like a typical story.

I suppose now I ought to begin keeping a log of everything, and researching any possible legally-backed recourse. Unfortunately, I'm not in a financial situation where I can simply get up and move, and buy new furniture/clothes/etc.

It's 11:40 PM CST. I have to work at 10 AM. Wondering how in the world I'll sleep tonight, or if it's even worth trying...

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 30 2012 1:06:18
    #

Login to Send PM

One night in another room will allow you to get some rest without causing any problems with the bugs. Cheap or not ... if the law states he needs to hire a professional you have that on your side so use it. You shouldn't have to move or trash things if this is done correctly.

I'm guessing there is a bigger problem in the building that he has been addressing but failing to eradicate. He will make things worse and end up spending more money in the long run with amateur attempts. Not to mention probably over applying chemicals and or not using them correctly and that puts tenants in harms way.

Work quickly to learn the laws in your area and call him out on it asap.

5. nephalem

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 30 2012 2:05:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I've got some resources I'm planning on contacting first thing tomorrow. I think I might have to take a day off of work to get this all sorted out and my head clear, at the very least.

Unfortunately, I can't sleep in another room because I live in a studio apartment

I am debating sleeping in my car. Yes, I am that fearful and paranoid now, as I am sure many people can relate. Although, I am concerned about transferring the bugs to my car too. How likely do you (or anyone else who would like to weigh in) think that is a possibility?

Again, thanks for answering my previous posts KillerQueen.

EDIT: Meh. After reading around, seems like sleeping in my car will only make me more paranoid of spreading the BBs. *sigh* at a total loss here. I hate this feeling of helplessness.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,146 posts in 28,296 topics over 87 months by 12,192 of 19,346 members. Latest: falc, falc2, jazzychazzy
Site Meter