(8 posts)
  1. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 16:39:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey there.

So in my laundry basket I found the below skin sheds and a dead bug (I know the dead bug is not a bed bug but the separate skin sheds looks possibly like one. Also a few black marks on the laundry basket, one or 2 on the outside of the mesh.

Then under it and my suitcase, which has not been used in a year and a half I found some black spots.....

Panicking a lot as ive had a few spots/maybe bites lately although most of them pretty small and not a huge amount, also itching, but this could be a skin condition, not sure at the moment. I completely checked my bed and have interceptors on the bottom, although I cannot check actually inside the mattress.

Please help!

Pics below ----

PIctures of Bugs/Sheds/Spots

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 17:07:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Beetle and beetle larva. Nothing bed bug related

3. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 17:20:47
    #

Login to Send PM

What kind of beetle Larvae is it? As the larvae looks bigger than the beetle in the other photo.

Also, the black spots? They look faecal.....

4. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 17:57:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Also just as a side note, The black spots are not paint, as you can see the white paint spots are there from whoever painted last....

Maybe the shed skin is not bed bug related, but the black spots certainly look faecal....

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 19:40:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The beetle appears to be a confused flour beetle which can be associated with cut flowers in the U.K.

The larval skin is a different species. Possibly Lou can confirm which.

The stops appear to homogeneous black for bed bugs. Cheapest option would be to test with bed bug blue.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  6. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 19:59:02
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    The beetle appears to be a confused flour beetle which can be associated with cut flowers in the U.K.
    The larval skin is a different species. Possibly Lou can confirm which.
    The stops appear to homogeneous black for bed bugs. Cheapest option would be to test with bed bug blue.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Hi David

Thank you for the reply.

So you are 100% sure the shed skin is not a BB?

Regarding the spots.

Are you saying they are too homogenous black to be bed bugs or that they look like bed bug spots because of this? What else could they be? In photos BB faeces spots always look black
    On shiny wood surfaces.

They feel slightly hard to the touch.

I really want to get this sorted this weekend. Is there a way to have this tested by having someone come out and inspect? Don't really mind about financials aspect st this point as my anxiety is overwhelming that.

Thanks again for your help!

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 20:09:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It's a different beetle larval skin and as such not bed bugs.

Too homogeneous black to be faecal. While to your untrained eye they are all black the reality is that just like all colours the shade and pigment density varies.

If you are based in London call my office in the morning, we do cover weekends but there are call out fees.

David

8. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 20:21:40
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    It's a different beetle larval skin and as such not bed bugs.
    Too homogeneous black to be faecal. While to your untrained eye they are all black the reality is that just like all colours the shade and pigment density varies.
    If you are based in London call my office in the morning, we do cover weekends but there are call out fees.
    David

Thanks David.

Out of interest. How accurate is the blue kit? Also...I am curious about the none insecticide solution some use? How is this still as effective as insecticide and such? Do you also do heat treatments (if needed)

Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

253,569 posts in 40,567 topics over 124 months by 17,753 of 18,114 members. Latest: Brokegradstudent, onibuka, NewBug