Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Setback

(6 posts)
  1. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 9:53:34
    #

Login to Send PM

After nearly 3 months of no live bugs and no fecal, my PCO found one this morning. I posted a fecal photo for confirmation earlier today, but called my PCO to confirm as my kids both ended up with mastery bumps on their faces. It was almost time for his next visit, so he agree to come out and check this morning.

He did not think the stains were fecal, but upon a thorough inspection of my mattress, box spring, bed frame and the lights out moats, he found 1 almost dead BB. It was caught in the cup under the very center of my bed. The one I can't possibly check without removing the mattress and boxspring. He said it was struggling, almost dead, and hadn't fed as he crushed it and there was no blood in it at all. His theory is it came out of one of the bags I've had tied up in my room. He said it had probably been struggling to get He told me to take the bags to my garage, put the Nuvan strips in, tie them up again and leave the there for a couple of weeks. He said the mattress and boxspring were completely clean.

There were no signs at all in my kids' rooms.

He told me not to worry too much. This could be a rogue. He really doesn't think we've been bit. He thought there would be more signs if we still had an infestation and were getting bit a lot.

He'll come back in a month. But I am of course worried. We are supposed to go on vacation in a few weeks to visit family. We will take all precautions, but I am still worried about spreading them. I'm also worried about leaving the BBs without food. If we're not here, will they start exploring other parts of the house?

I worried this could be a reintroduction. He said the BB was in such bad shape, he wasn't sure about that.

I am trying not to panic. But it is so hard. Hard to even continue with our day to day life. I was cautiously optimistic before, and now I fear we will never get rid of them.

Anyone have advice or words of wisdom?

2. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 9:55:21
    #

Login to Send PM

And I apologize for the typos. Typing in a panic.

3. bedbugsbugme

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 15:57:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I can only sympathize. I had been declared bed bug free for 6 months. I think this may have been a reintroduction. But I have no clue how long I've had them or if this was just 1.

So you're not alone in the anxiety dept.
    My son has become so used to our routine its hard to even look at my bed now. But here I am sitting waiting for him to wake up so I can take him off this bed. I will not be able to sleep at all. I don't know what I am going to do! My son sleeps with me in my bed and he loves this bed.

I guess we can be scared together. Lol

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  4. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 6:50:15
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugsbugme, I am so sorry. I can't imagine going through this with an infant. It is awful to have to worry about your baby. I see the little bumps on my kids' faces and it almost kills me. That beautiful, soft, smooth child skin marked by a bite. For some reason, it is about the worst part of this for me, psychologically speaking.

Of course, my son is almost at the age where I can call it a pimple. And my daughter has very sensitive skin and eczema, but her face is usually very clear. Still every time I look at their faces, I get worried they are bites.

Anyway, I think barelyliving gave us both good advice. One day at a time. We have the knowledge to fight this. We're going to get this. Hang in there.

5. bedbugsbugme

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 13:21:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Well I managed to get some sleep...in the tub 😂 haha. It's big enough for me and baby to curl up in with some freshly dried blankets. I would go insane without sleep but I just cannot being myself to sleep on a bed yet.

Anyways hubby reported no bites last night and Davids monitors are clear for now. So day 1 in the clear. Hope it stays like that.

6. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 9:24:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope you have another 14 days in the clear on those monitors, barelyliving! And the tub, ouch!! Hope you're back in your bed soon.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,792 posts in 43,544 topics over 131 months by 19,074 of 19,667 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1