Self-treatment advice please!

(2 posts)
  1. jpalmer

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Sep 10 2017 13:42:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I just moved into my new apartment on August 29th, and on September 4th I detected bed bugs in my bedroom. (Seems like a low-level infestation. Extermination is happening tomorrow!!) Between the 29th and the 4th, my girlfriend slept over two times, and she brought an overnight bag each time. I'm extremely worried that she picked up bedbugs on her overnight bag and transferred them to her own apartment.

What are self-treatment options for her? (I'm much more worried than she is.) If she has a bedbug or two, this would be an ideal time to snuff them out pronto. Any chemical solutions I could find at the local Ace? Please let me know!!

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Sep 10 2017 14:33:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Her bag and its items should be placed in the dryer on high heat for one hour, as well as any clothes/shoes she wore... immediately upon returning home. The heat will help kill anything that may have hitched a ride. Aside from that, I'd recommend a passive monitor for sleeping areas because that will help you guys catch problems early and monitor for up to a year.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,818 posts in 43,334 topics over 131 months by 18,996 of 19,572 members. Latest: April13Hincher, Bedbughell99, minicooper78