(13 posts)
  1. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 13:58:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    I just was reading an article: http://www.colonialpest.com/bed-bug-infestation-severity/ and it says, if you aren't noticing early signs, that you might not see a obvious evidence for 4-8 months. Does this seem accurate? If so, I have 4 1/2 months to go since I don't trust my investigative skills.
    Thanks.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 14:40:36
    #

Login to Send PM

And yet you will continue well beyond even that four and a half month point.

You don't have bed bugs.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  3. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 14:46:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hope you're right, but after a possible exposure 3 1/2 months ago and no good inspection, it is not known if I do or don't.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 15:28:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Faye, how long have you been here?

In that time how many bed bugs have been found in your home?

5. Pattycake

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 15:57:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow, Faye thanks for the article. I've been trying to figure out if I have BB for seven months. I decided to start treating with temprid and Cimexa, because it says it kills Capet beetles too. According to your article there is no way I could have BB. The bites have got to be coming from something else. My monitors are clear and so is my bed..yippee

6. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 16:17:44
    #

Login to Send PM

You're welcome, but I think the article refers to places with no treatment. How long ago did you start treating? Have you noticed any difference? I hope you don't have bed bugs.

7. HifromChi

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 17:21:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm taking an excerpt from your posting that's very important to understand:

"Many hot spots (beds and sleeping areas, couches, corners, most furniture has staining and live insects present, all rooms including bathroom may have live bed bugs on walls and ceilings, as well as under carpets near sleeping areas and feeding routes). The bed bug population has spread out from initial hot spots to locations throughout the apartment/home and now pose a threat to neighboring units above, below, and to sides."

If you had bed bugs for 4.5 months, you would be seeing all of the above right now, especially if you're looking, they aren't just going to hide and wait for 8 months to come out and show themselves, it's just not how that works. If there are people in the home, they will come out to feed, they will poop along the way, they will molt and leave skins behind, you'd see evidence. Plain and simple. They aren't ninjas with special invisible powers.

You've been on this site a long time, years, and have consistently thought you've had bed bugs, it appears to have turned into something OCD like for you and it's a horrible way to live. Some therapists now offer Skype sessions (video conferencing), maybe this is a better route for you, you can get assistance without having to worry of picking up bed bugs from a therapist's office, that see's other people dealing with the aftermath of bed bugs.

Best of luck to you...

8. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 17:25:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually, it is 3 1/2 months since the last possible exposure and also it can take up to 8 months, meaning aftr 4 1/2 months may not see. As to "Skype" sessions, the problem is that insurance, or at least Medicare, doesn't pay for that.

9. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 17:42:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Faye, you are delusional. You don't have bed bugs, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself otherwise.

10. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Dec 2 2017 19:03:03
    #

Login to Send PM

There is a possibility and I hope you're right I don't have them - I was off the board for about 6 months until a new exposure presented itself. I was wondering what people thought of the article's listing of what happens during various periods of time and how accurate it was.

11. Pattycake

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Dec 2 2017 19:24:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Faye I just starting treating 2weeks ago. So the BB population would have plenty of time and blood to spread all over our lovely home. I hope temprid and Cimexa work on CB. They are tough little buggers too.

12. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Dec 2 2017 19:28:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, ok. I thought you started months ago. Good luck with the beetles. I was thinking about the Cimexa. How do you spread it and where? My husband doesn't want me to do it, but I am thinking about it.

13. Pattycake

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Dec 2 2017 19:32:56
    #

Login to Send PM

There is a tool you buy on line. A little puffer. It goes a long way and last ten years if kept dry. It kills all creepy crawling things so it's definitely a good tool. I don't think alone it will control a Bb investation but it is helpful.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1