Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

Science question for experts: "fasting" bed bugs?

(3 posts)
  1. battlinbugz

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu May 28 2015 15:04:42
    #

Login to Send PM

If I didn't see it happen I wouldn't believe it. But a hungry bed bug passed me right up in my living room on his way somewhere else. He was about 2 feet away. I just happened to notice him out of the corner of my eye.

Mind you there are no signs of infestation in my unit, thankfully. No fecal, cast skins, etc. It's the neighbor(s) that have an ongoing problem. While the PCO/landlord continue their LONG investigation, I placed Cimexa as a perimeter in my unit. I think that is why the live samples I see in or near the bathroom every now and then usually appear to be sick. I have plenty of prior posts to identify bb's so yep, I am sure that it was a hungry dude since he had a small black dot at the tail. The "line" he was headed from was straight from the bathroom, not from where I was seated.

I do know the unit next to me has had bed bugs before. I have a feeling they still do even if I can't prove it. That is the direction this guy was headed. Maybe he was sensing pheromones? Maybe the Cimexa threw him off in some way? Maybe he was just not the brightest bug.

Not a pro. I have some knowledge and a success story, both thanks to this site.
  2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri May 29 2015 6:29:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

One of your adjoining neighbors most likely has an issue which is why they are spreading via the bathroom (common pipes etc). The other option is that they are a closely related species but not bedbugs such as bat or martin.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. battlinbugz

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 30 2015 20:41:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, David. I need to mention the bat or martin bugs to the PCO since we are on the top floor and it is a possibility that he may not have thought about.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,883 posts in 43,563 topics over 131 months by 19,079 of 19,673 members. Latest: amanda017, sircoolkeen, skale