Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Safe to sleep in a different room for just a few nights?

(4 posts)
  1. Needsleepnow

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun Jan 7 2018 20:10:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I'm new here but have been lurking for the last few months throughout my BB battle. The issue has been confined to the master bedroom and with multiple self treatments and much vigilance, I believe the remaining number of bugs is quite low. However, I do have a professional exterminator coming out tomorrow to treat the second floor of my house.

Having said that, I have had the flu over the last few days and I desperately need decent sleep. Since I don't sleep well in my bedroom, I have moved to the couch in the living room over the last few nights. My fear is that the bugs will begin to look elsewhere for food. Am I safe to try to get one more decent night of sleep on the couch, or is it imperative that I get back to my bedroom as quickly as possible to avoid the chance of them looking for me and coming to the first floor?

Thanks in advance.

2. thirdusername

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Jan 8 2018 1:31:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm guessing it depends on the size of the infestation and how hungry the ones left are.
    Any hungry ones will go in search of food.
    I don't know if they go the max distance or if the distance they travel is proportional to how hungry they are.
    Maybe they would cross poison which I think would be a good thing.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. Myworstnightmare

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Jan 8 2018 22:20:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I can only speak from my experience. I did not know we had bed bugs and we went on vacation for a week. My daughters and I have rooms on the first floor. My mom on the second. My youngest daughters bed was ground zero. My mother was home while we were gone. There were never bugs outside the ground zero room. So we were gone a week and no movement. But no one went in the room and the door was shut to keep pets out.

We were eaten alive upon our return. It’s how I discovered the bugs. I laid down with my little one when we got home late and was bitten six times in 15 minutes. After that we switched rooms and I was the bait during treatment. My girls were not bitten again. We have been bug free for almost four months. I had three whole house chemical treatments and was cleared by a canine. But I knew thebugswere gone because we are strong reactors. Good luck. You will get through it and it will end. The process is awful but the trauma does start to ease with the passage of time.

4. F. Pazos

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Jan 8 2018 23:41:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Just for a few days you should be ok, specially knowing that your home is being professionally treated, just make sure you inform your PCO of your movements

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

275,895 posts in 45,390 topics over 138 months by 19,945 of 20,704 members. Latest: davebentonn, Therseld1931@armyspy.com, Chivabug