Richard Fagerlund???

(3 posts)
  1. BBAB

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Mar 19 2017 12:12:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I recently read about his procedure to aid in BB removal.
    He uses soap, water, alcohol and DE as a spray.
    Does anybody know if you can use the same mixture but sub the DE with CimeXa?
    I would like to use dry CimeXa around the house and a water mixture for the bed.

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Mar 19 2017 12:37:20
    #

Login to Send PM

For furniture and box frames, I've used 5 ounces of 50% rubbing alcohol mixed with 5 ounces of Murphy's oil soap mixed with 10 ounces of water. It does function as a contact killer but will also work as a cleaning agent.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. Livingagain

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Mar 19 2017 13:58:45
    #

Login to Send PM

@jim Will that contact killer kill eggs, too? Or only bugs?

@tinatag The studies on Cimexa show that it goes from 100% effective if a bug crosses the label rate when it is dry, to either 30 or 40% effective if a bug crosses the label rate when it has been applied wet. So a really big drop in effectiveness when using it wet. That said, there are some places you can't make it work dry, so 30 or 40% is better than 0% I guess. I read a study of Dr. Wang from Rutgers where he applied a pesticide powder to fabric bands around bed and furniture legs, so that made me think that maybe you could use Cimexa vertically like that, too. So maybe you can apply Cimexa dry up the sides of box springs and similar. I know you can put it dry in little holes and crevices in the bed and between the mattress and box springs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,487 posts in 42,163 topics over 127 months by 18,504 of 18,994 members. Latest: amybooks, imbuggingout, Okiguess