Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Red pin dots - bites or not?

(13 posts)
  1. bugbuster

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 17:14:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I fear I might have picked bbs up from my sister - am having a dog in next week (earliest I can do it) but in the meantime, the last two days, my attention has been drawn mid-afternoon to tiny red pin dots that itch for maybe 10 minutes then fade to almost nothing. I am prone to inflamed skin, but mostly in specific areas - chest, back, face. These dotsare in odd places, like my hip where there were possibly three that made a triangle, and today two on my wrist in a line about an inch apart. My son, who slept at my sister's before we knew she had them, manifested a bite two days later that was raised like a mosquito bite and itched for about a half-hour, before reducing to a pin dot like mine. So far, my kids have nothing else since they've been home.

Is there something else this could be? Am I just being hypersensitive? If I had to describe them, I'd say they look more like flea bites, but we have no animals and no reason at all to think we have fleas. I couldn't sleep last night - I felt so itchy and crawly. I know I need the dog to be sure, but how do people get through the night knowing or thinking something is biting you?

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 17:39:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Grey Goose Vodka! But the dog as I mentioned will be peace of mind for you. I get the same type of reactions on me at times & I know they are not in my home... They would be the stupidest Bed Bugs around if they decided to sleep with me! Good Luck with the dog & keep us posted.

3. bugbuster

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 18:23:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually, I do find a shot of Bushmill's gets me to sleep. But last night around 2 pm it failed me!

4. bugbait

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 18:44:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Kahlua and cream work nicely as well.

5. BugBoy911

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 18:51:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Mabye Xanax or Vallium when it comes to these guy's! LOL!! From what you said about the pattern of the bites, I'd have to say you have them. %100 percent of bites that I see are in patterns of lines and triangles. I just edited my post cause I didn't read threw the whole post. I asked if they were in triangles or a line of 3. At least you found this site and can have somebody good at what he does help ya!! Like.... * ** or ** * * * * somethin like that?

6. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 19:20:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would suggest trying a plug in flea trap, a few things about what you say ring bells with fleas and you don't need to have animals or even come into contact with animals to get fleas in your home. As fleas get dropped in public places and tend to hitch hike onto the next passing shadow they can appear in homes in very low numbers.

I tend to find that flea bites leave a red dot in the centre which may be one of the few constants with bites and bite reactions.

You cant go to far wrong with a few days of a plug in flea trap down and it will certainly simply rule them out.

Hope it helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

7. bugbuster

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 21:28:06
    #

Login to Send PM

The ones on my wrist have faded almost entirely in 4 hrs. Does that signify?

8. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Feb 18 2009 1:26:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Not really.. Everyone is different.

9. Cantfindthem

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2009 2:39:07
    #

Login to Send PM

@ bugbuster

I get the tiny red pin dots on my arms as well. They do not fade as quickly as they have for you. I mentioned in another thread that bite marks on my legs are more robust. And I have seen actual bed bugs attached to my leg (posted about this about a year ago) so I know my bite reaction is different on different parts of my body. Does anyone else find this to be true too?

10. BostonPCT

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2009 10:19:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Everyone reacts differently to bites. Some people have no reaction at all.

11. bugbuster

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2009 10:48:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, my ankle was itching this morning and sure enough, two red pin dots - slightly larger, as you say, than the ones on my hand. Dog coming Tue. Trying not to freak until then.

12. itchyandtired

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2009 11:36:20
    #

Login to Send PM

My parents dog had flees and when my daughter and I stayed the night there that is what my bites looked like. But mine didn't itch at all, they just looked liked little red spots. But my daughters where a lot worse. Hers looked more like BB bites. And they itched really bad.

With BB bites, I would have a really bad reaction everywhere but my arms and hands. On my arms and hands they would just be little red bumps but they didn't itch any less. Everywhere else I would get bit, they would be huge. It would look like I had one big swollen bump until it started going away then I would see that it was three bites together. The one that I got on my forehead was extremely bad. It was huge and really embarrassing.

13. BostonPCT

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2009 11:52:01
    #

Login to Send PM

They will often leave a row of 3 or 4 bites....

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.