Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Recommended PCOS in NYC? Book Fumigation?

(4 posts)
  1. rebeccah

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 3 2008 13:33:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I just discovered that I have bugs as of last week. I live in Bklyn and am planning on using Pest Away (at 2067 Bway). I've heard they're the best in the city. Anyone have experience with them or other recommendations? Also, I have a lot of books and would prefer not to have to box them in plastic and put them away for 18 months. Do you recommend paying an extra $1000 for the fumigation service and sending books and other items to them? The one I've been talking to is Bed Bugs and Beyond. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. This is seriously my worst fear. Thanks.

2. bugbattler

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 3 2008 14:01:24
    #

Login to Send PM

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 3 2008 14:25:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I have worked on a few collections of books at the decon facility in London but sadly the cost of shipping would not make it a via option even via sea freight.

A few weeks ago we ended up doing almost the entire contents of someone home after new tenants moved into an infected property and the first 3 PCO treatments made the matter worse. I say almost because I did leave them with 5 sets of clothes that could be washed at 60 to tide them over.

I will have to try and find a US PCO interested in setting up a mirror service in the US.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited
    http://www.Bed-Bugs.co.uk

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 3 2008 17:19:28
    #

Login to Send PM

rebeccah,

I just responded to your PM but I have a couple more comments:

1/ Pest Away requires a specific kind of prep and follow-up by customers. I am not saying it's good or bad, but it is unique. Most PCOs do not require all non-washable possessions to be bagged for 18 months (is it true that Pest Away does?) Some PCOs would determine this based on where bed bugs are harboring. Some would inspect your books and determine if the problem is there.

Commodity fumigation (Bed Bugs and Beyond) is not a bad idea (and many use it when moving to prevent bringing bed bugs), but will do nothing to prevent a reinfestation if you got bed bugs from your neighbors, for example.

As I said in the PM, thermal heat may be another option, which (done properly) should kill bed bugs in the home AND possessions at the same time. You might want to price it. AAA Superior is the company I know of who does this in NYC. There may be others. (As I said in the PM I have not personally used them either, but some here have. See the tag above.)

Click NYC PCOs which I added to the tags above right, to see discussions of various NYC PCos, including Pest Away. There's a Pest Away tag too.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,634 posts in 29,299 topics over 90 months by 12,637 of 19,885 members. Latest: leavemebe, Moxtr, djyang