Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Random question...

(15 posts)
  1. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 21:29:37
    #

Login to Send PM

We've been dealing with bedbugs for about a year and I have washed and dried everything we own. I do all the bed linens every 4 to 5 days and I clean the lint trap after every load . Why have I never seen a bedbug? I have looked under a light, a magnifying glass , I've even picked thru the lint, yet I've never seen a bug. I read about people finding them in their lint traps all the time. I think I would feel better finding one, then all my hard work wouldn't b in vain. Is it normal to never see one in the dryer lint trap? Or does it mean my dryer isn't hot enuff?

2. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 21:31:16
    #

Login to Send PM

By the way.. the dryer is brand new, so the lint traps not old or hard to view.

3. blargg

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 21:50:09
    #

Login to Send PM

You've never seen a bedbug at all?... or just not in your lint trap?
    If you haven't seen them at all, are you assuming you have bedbugs because of bumps showing up?

4. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 8:56:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh no... I've seen bedbugs. In the year we've had them I've seen 5 or 6 adults, never any babies and NEVER any in my lint trap. I just think it's weird that everything I've dried and never not 1.

5. awakened

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 8:59:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think it's that strange that they may not be harboring in your bedding during the day. Maybe if you got up at 2am to do laundry you might find a bed bug in the lint trap after drying, but even then, I imagine they might just scurry off to a corner as you were stripping the bed.

6. Rosae

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 13:40:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe the latest bumps are caused by something else.

7. Katherine

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 14:58:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I found a few in my lint traps when the infestation first started but I don't now at all and I don't see them when I line dry either but I did at first.

I know I still have them because I see them on me (I am a nudist) and I still get bit but much less than in the beginning.

8. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 16:15:40
    #

Login to Send PM

@ Katherine... My mother is a nudist too.. she says if everyone was nudists then them little bugs couldn't hitchhike and there would b less sharing of them...lol

9. Katherine

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 16:39:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I love what your mother said and I believe it except they hitch hike on your shoes. Since I don't wear cloths in the house they have nothing to latch onto except my shoes. I also dress in a cleared clean area that I keep an eye out for the bugs before I start dressing and I sleep in the nude.

10. blargg

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 20:04:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Ihatebedbugs1.

I read some of your older posts, and I only found one instance of a bedbug confirmation, and it was a local PCO. You also thought you saw black spots, I believe.
    Sorry if I overlooked, but I'd like to know if you've had it confirmed by anyone else, especially on the forum.... with a picture, specifically.

It would be nice to know 100% that you have bedbugs, because others on this forum, who were also sure of themselves, ended up not having bedbugs.

11. Katherine

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 20:10:43
    #

Login to Send PM

No to the pictures. I just re joined this morning and someone else suggested I do pic so I went looking and couldn't find any before dark big enough to take a picture of. I will look again tomorrow and then send off a photo.

We do have another little black bug that comes out every summer then disapears in the winter. They bite but nothing like I got earlier this year and still get sometimes.

12. help_me

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 20:34:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I've found about 5 in my lint trap. The dryer actually just went on with his clothes in them from being out all afternoon. It's always a totally nerve wrecking thing knowing I'll have to check it after they're done because I always worry I'll see one.

Back in June I cleaned out my Packtite for the first time since getting it in January. I was startled to find what I knew were dead bugs at the bottom in the corners where the leg of the rack sits and along that fold of material. It was pure adrenaline, I was shaking so bad I could barely grip the flashlight as I continued wiping it out. That I found, were only two, very old dried out ones. Not bad considering how many Packtite cycles had been run over those 5 or so months.

13. Hannah7

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 21:11:32
    #

Login to Send PM

blargg - 1 hour ago  » 
    Ihatebedbugs1.
    I read some of your older posts, and I only found one instance of a bedbug confirmation, and it was a local PCO. You also thought you saw black spots, I believe.
    Sorry if I overlooked, but I'd like to know if you've had it confirmed by anyone else, especially on the forum.... with a picture, specifically.
    It would be nice to know 100% that you have bedbugs, because others on this forum, who were also sure of themselves, ended up not having bedbugs.

Those who had bites, but no bugs, what did those instances turn out to be, because I'm told if their biting only at night you HAVE bed bugs by professionals.

14. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 22:34:33
    #

Login to Send PM

blargg - 2 hours ago  » 
    Ihatebedbugs1.

In the very beginning, my mother had one crawling under her shirt , I googled it and from the pics, discovered it was a bedbug, put it in a glass of water and called the exterminator. 3 exterminators to b exact, showed each one the bug in the glass, and they all confirmed what I already knew..... Bedbugs. So yes, I'm absolutely sure I have them. If I get the horror of coming across one again I will post a pic, but they are tricky little bastards.

15. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Oct 2 2011 12:46:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Ha ha... FINALLY.... I got one. Weired to b happy, but there is always so much speculation on weather one really has bed bugs so I now have a pic to b ID'd. http://www.flickr.com/photos/68006072@N06/6203983921/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

201,754 posts in 31,261 topics over 95 months by 13,522 of 14,298 members. Latest: slee, Zenchess, Kristy