(7 posts)
  1. bedbuggrayson

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 18:27:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

We just discovered bed bugs in my townhome. Once I found them I was calling multiple companies to come out and rid us of this issue. Most inspections were free and from what seemed very knowledge people. I also had a dog inspection that indicated two bed rooms had them. The prices we vastly different from. In the end I am going with radiant heat treatment. The also do the "normal" treatment with chemicals/dust, pull outlets and etc.. It will be done on 3/16. I really hope for the cost that it works and we are done with these pest forever.

My space is a little over 1700sq ft. I believe the procedure will take 10hrs. I also paid for bed encasements ( 2 queen beds ). I am searching this forum now for other results with this treatment. Also this is not with propane, from my understanding there are two types.

I do not believe we are "infested" but we do have them. After checking we found a few of them. Masterbed room found 5 on the box spring. 2nd bedroom we found one on the box spring. No poop no streaks, nothing else notable. The night I found them in the masterbed room, the following morning I threw all of my bedding and pillows away ( it was trash day that day).

Mostly i'm looking for experiences with the heat treatment. I still can't believe the price but I want peace of mind and i'm hoping I get it.

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 18:38:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been doing bedbug work now for seven years and have no intention of purchasing the equipment. Remember, there's no residual protection after the process. Do you have attached neighbors? I know there has been some debate between the effectiveness of electric vs. propane. I do a lot of multi unit properties, so from my perspective it's not all that practical.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. bedbuggrayson

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 18:43:24
    #

Login to Send PM

jim danca - 41 seconds ago  » 
    I've been doing bedbug work now for seven years and have no intention of purchasing the equipment. Remember, there's no residual protection after the process. Do you have attached neighbors? I know there has been some debate between the effectiveness of electric vs. propane. I do a lot of multi unit properties, so from my perspective it's not all that practical.

Thank you for input. Yes, I have attached. I believe we have a firewall from the foundation into the attic. Would I still need to be concerned with my neighbors?

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 4:17:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If by "radiant heat" you mean a conductive rather than convective heat source its the wrong decision.

I also don't curry any favor in the method of thermal mediation because it does not suit the types of buildings I work with in London but it I did it would be a "convective" heat source for the reasons outlined in Dr Stephen Kells research on the subject.

However, the main reasons are the lack of in-built QC and high risk of reintroduction of bed bugs which comes from a dense urban environment.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  5. bedbuggrayson

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 22:06:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Well it happened today. I pray this is it. I will tell you it was hot up in the home today. I have a temp/humidifier reader on my wall it it was at 130 when I ran in to get something I needed. They held it at 130-135 for 4 hours.

I also got bed encasements one of which got put on upside down. Even though there is a huge green tag that states this side up.

We'll see how this goes.........

6. bedbuggrayson

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 7:36:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Found a damn bedbug last night. We have not seen one since the treatment. I actually found it last night downstairs on the ottoman. There was no detection of bedbugs downstairs at all. The dog nor looking in the couch produced any signs ( prior to treatment). Also this bug was bigger than any bug found prior to treatment.

So, the service I chose has a two month warranty. Will I be SOL is the question.

I paid - 150 for a dog/inspection and 1900 for the heat/dusting treatment and two queen bed encasements.

7. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 22:28:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I also got a heat treatment and the first one did not work...However my second on did.I live in a house though.I would check with your neighbors cause they could keep getting passed back and forth.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

257,526 posts in 41,334 topics over 126 months by 18,111 of 18,532 members. Latest: Pleasedontbebbs, pleezehelp, tarito