Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Question in Fecal

(8 posts)
  1. bedbug_OCD

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 14 2012 15:19:47
    #

Login to Send PM

From what I know bed bug fecal is normally stuck on a surface and when smeared appears red as blood. But if I find a black speck (not attached to bed sheet) on top of my bed and applied to a material with saliva and smeared and turns red, could that be bed bug fecal? I found a small pepper like size thing on my bed sheet after cleaning and drying before bed last night, and applied it to a sick with saliva and it smeared like this;

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/87136866@N03/7986179529/

Please help, experts. Thanks.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 14 2012 15:56:01
    #

Login to Send PM

What you know is not correct. Bed bug fecal traces can range in color but you will not see red when you smear it. The picture in question is not bed bug related.

My best suggestion for you is to really educate yourself if you are searching for evidence of bed bugs.

You should also invest in Bed Bug Blue to test the future educated spot in question. Bed Bug Blue is probably the best tool the average person can arm themselves with. First educate then arm .... That way your don't drive yourself nuts.

3. bedbug_OCD

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 14 2012 17:12:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Killerqueen:
    Thanks for the response. It's hard to educate yourself with all the crap online now a days :/ but I have been through the FAQs on here and have an idea. I'm in the process of ordering Bed bug blue, waiting for my new ATM card to come in. But thanks again.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 14 2012 17:42:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

To illustrate this point rather graphically:

Faecal on wood mostly unsmeared

Slide5

Faecal smeared on the detection skirt of a monitor

wp0_wp2f0669a6

Colour is the main part of the confirmation but many other factors come into it which is why I increasing suggest using diagnostics for 100% accuracy and bedbug blue as KQ says works. However if anything smears red and blood colour it can not be considered to be bedbug confirming as it will never be faecal material.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  5. bedbug_OCD

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 14 2012 20:44:17
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    To illustrate this point rather graphically:

Faecal on wood mostly unsmeared

Slide5
    Faecal smeared on the detection skirt of a monitor

wp0_wp2f0669a6
    Colour is the main part of the confirmation but many other factors come into it which is why I increasing suggest using diagnostics for 100% accuracy and bedbug blue as KQ says works. However if anything smears red and blood colour it can not be considered to be bedbug confirming as it will never be faecal material.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Thanks David. I finally took the extra time to flip over my box spring today and look. It's very hard to see since the plastic from when we bought it is still on it. But there are little holes in the plastic do I wanted to check it out. I did not see anything unusual some marks from moving it probably. Other that that the only thing that is hard to look at is my bed frame since its dark cherry wood, what do you suggest it looks like on dark wood?

6. bedbug_OCD

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 14 2012 20:45:30
    #

Login to Send PM

So is the main color to see in fecal black ? Or it's main identification the texture?

7. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 15 2012 0:16:36
    #

Login to Send PM

The easiest thing for the average person to find when searching for evidence is fecal traces. The color (black) is going to be easier for you to determine rather then texture on any given surface.

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 15 2012 11:26:42
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbug_OCD - 14 hours ago  » 
    Thanks David. I finally took the extra time to flip over my box spring today and look. It's very hard to see since the plastic from when we bought it is still on it. But there are little holes in the plastic do I wanted to check it out. I did not see anything unusual some marks from moving it probably. Other that that the only thing that is hard to look at is my bed frame since its dark cherry wood, what do you suggest it looks like on dark wood?

I will try and post some images on darker surfaces next week. It is obviously harder to see which is one of the key reasons why I prefer light coloured woods and contrasting surfaces.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.