Question for professionals about Passive Monitor Placement

(2 posts)
  1. cuddlebug920

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat Jul 15 2017 9:08:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Have a few passive alert monitors one for sofa and one for our bed. The issue I have is that we took our headboard off for now and got rid of our box spring so our mattress is encased and on a raised metal frame (not traditional frame more like a slatted metal 'boxspring'. That doesn't have much real estate to place the Monitor so can I just place it right on the mattresses itself head end or would we be better off putting our headboard back on and installing it on that. We've had a few rounds of treatment and so far so good for the most part but s few small bites and a few blood spots though haven't seen a bug or skin, but I was freaked out about headboard so we took down the basement in plastic after it had been treated. Willing to put it back if it's best place for the Monitor in our situation.

Thanks!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat Jul 15 2017 13:14:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its always more helpful to post an image where possible so we have the same terms of reference.

Failing that I can suggest the following, to check the FlickR album linked below or to use a piece of cloth which the Passive Monitor is installed onto which can be placed under the mattress without damaging the encasement.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjQYxVmE

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,595 posts in 43,278 topics over 130 months by 18,982 of 19,560 members. Latest: Koonspg4s, slynnp1, bkb