(6 posts)
  1. bedbuganxiety

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Apr 8 2012 15:04:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello Mr. Cain,

Just wondering how the Passive+ is coming along. Thinking of ordering the Passive monitors for our beds for peace of mind, but then remembered that the Passive+ was in testing and wondering if they will be available soon. Also, when ordering the Passive monitor, how many for a king size bed with 2 people sleeping on it. Not sure if just one per bed or if I need 1 on the head end for each person. I read to place the monitor on the head end of box spring between headboard and supports. Does this mean on the vertical (facing wall) side of the box spring or horizontal (underneath, facing floor) of the box spring? Sorry for all the questions, but really want to make sure that the placement is optimal. Should I place them on my couches as well. We have 7 couches in our house (1 formal living room with not a lot of use and 3 family rooms that are well used and the occasional naps on weekends).

Thanks in advance!!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Apr 8 2012 17:57:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I will answer and reply when I have a full keyboard to type on but in short Passive+ will not be on sale for a while, we are still analysing the feedback of trials and our own green treatments which rely on it.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.
  3. bedbuganxiety

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Apr 9 2012 10:01:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Working on trying to figure out the best placement for both optimal usage, but also easiest inspection.... Could I place the monitors on the long side of the box springs (on the end that our heads would be, just to the side of the head end)? The box spring is covered with a bed skirting. I'm wondering if I could place the monitor under the bed skirting, on the side of the head end of the box spring and that would be easier to inspect all sides of the monitor without disturbing much. Realizing that inspection of the monitor on the side facing the wall would be hard to do with out removing the mattress each month to get to see all sides on the monitor. Does this all make sense? So sorry if this all seems scattered thinking!

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Apr 9 2012 11:31:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

OK back int he office to deal with a few things before heading out for a week.

As mentioned above the Passive+ is an ongoing research project for use and although we are still collecting and anlysing data it is not likley to replace what is currently available in the near future. I would rather wait till I am 100% happy before releasing it to the world and that may take a little longer as I want to test a range of different potential lures.

With regards installing in your home you only need 1 per bed regardless of the number of occupants. This is because you can only really provide 1 ideal harbourage per bed and therefore its not a case of more being better.

There are full install instructions that come with the product and from what you have said the vertical of the boxspring is the correct location. If you have a valance or bed skirting I would remove it. They can be an issue with bedbugs as they can make great homes in the folds of the ruffles and as a general rule it is better to keep a tidy under bed than to simply try and disguise it with a cover.

There is a newsletter on my home page that advocates monthly inspection being part of the monthly cleaning ritual of the room so you can inspect as you pull the bed forward to cleaning behind it. I am always amazed at how much builds up in a normal room at the top of the bed.

The don't need to be placed on all the couches although the most occupied ones are advisable. Bedbugs tend to shift around non bedroom settings until they get a more reliable / regular food source.

I have an agenda list item to put more install documents into the public domain but there is a lot ahead of it in the queue and I am about 6 reports behind on testing at the second one of which is partially done at 230 pages and has about another 50 to add before its complete.

Hope that helps, I tend not to be online from a keyboard on weekends and holidays in the UK as even I need some down time.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly declare my vested interest in the Passive monitoring technology as the inventor and patent holder

5. bedbuganxiety

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Apr 9 2012 11:59:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your help! I will remove the skirting from the beds. There is nothing under any of the beds except for the occasional lego or barbie that makes it way under my children's beds. The skirting is just for "pretty" sake Passives will be ordered today and installed on delivery.

Kudos to you on your Passive+ decision. As a consumer, I am very thankful to know that you will not put a product on the market just for the sake of putting it out there before it is 100% to the way you know it can be performing. Good luck!

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Apr 9 2012 13:10:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Pretty does not compute in my zen world of bedbug optimisation. I can live with a view of boxes under the bed.

I am happy with the results in green treatments but I feel there is more to be done to counteract dispersal before I am 100% happy to put my name to something with a +. We have already seen a fair few casualties in the bedbug solutions stake fall by the way side because they either came out to soon, came out when they should have stayed in bed and a few that keep delaying getting out of bed. I don't need to follow a soap opera anymore I just read google news alerts for the latest.

I will however endeavor to keep a consistent message even though that may be it will be ready when I am happy which may be for some considerable time in all cases and until them the modest best in class will have to go to the original since its the only monitor which actually does what it says it does.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,238 posts in 29,419 topics over 90 months by 12,690 of 19,949 members. Latest: brooklynbaby, Sarahlynn87, julianpage