Question about using foggers

(5 posts)
  1. Cyborger

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 9 2011 23:00:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I know everyone is going to tell me that foggers don't work or are only temporary solutions. My question is actually about the use of the fogger. All foggers state that you must have any and all pilot lights and some electrical equipment shut off before using. However, what if I were just using it for one single room? I would seal any vents and seal the door way too. Would that work? Or would there still be a risk that the fogger fumes could reach a pilot light?

2. Cyborger

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Dec 22 2011 16:35:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Bump.

Has anyone here ever tried a fogger before?

3. Saturn

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Dec 22 2011 17:01:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, you're right about one thing... I'm here to strongly recommend that you don't try the fogger. It won't kill the bed bugs (foggers can't get their pesticides into the spaces where bed bugs hide), it exposes you to a bunch of nasty chemicals, and it can even make an infestation worse by causing the bugs to move into new areas. Pretty much every bed bug expert will recommend against using foggers.

http://bedbugger.com/2007/05/30/bombs-dont-work-on-bed-bugs-citation-anyone/

4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Dec 22 2011 17:29:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear Cyborg,

STOP, step away from the fogger and keep your hands where we can see them ! ! !

OK, all kidding asside, foggers will NOT enhance the results of your bed bug control work.

Here's why:

> They simply will not deliver the AI (active ingredient) to the places where the BBs hide/harbor.

> Think of the fogger aerosol droplets as falling like rain within the treated area. The AIs contained therein have their best activity, and chance for delivering mortality, as contact agents. As such, only those BBs that are present in open areas where the fog shall fall may be contacted.

> However, there will be few if any BBs out in such areas where the fog shall fall. As such, few BBs may be controlled/killed, if any, at all.

> PLEASE save your money and spend it more wisely on products that can "target applied" to those areas where BBs actually are.

> Even sealing off a room to apply a fogger, as you mention above, will NOT enhance the efficacy of any currently commercially available fogger ! NONE ! ! ! All this will do is render that room more odorous. At day's end you will essentially have a stinky room with BBs i still in it.

Just so we're clear:

I do NOT recommend the use currently available foggers for bed bug control.

Please advise if any additional questions or concerns.

paul b.

As a consulting entomologist I provide services for entities such as property managers, health/housing/emergency depts, schools, hospitality/resort/cruise industry, homeowners, food service, retail, pest professionals & product manufacturers. I recommend only efficacious methodologies, products and equipment. Professional relations have included Actisol, AMVAC, Atrix, BASF, Bayer, Catchmaster, FMC, GMT, Eaton, MattressSafe, Nisus, ProTeam, Rockwell, Syngenta & Woodstream. No compensation for product sales occurs. As inventor of Knight Safe bed bug sleep tent provides a royalty.
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Dec 22 2011 17:37:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Foggers don't work on bed bugs. They can make the problem worse.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,352 posts in 28,323 topics over 87 months by 12,196 of 19,350 members. Latest: MANthrax, buggingcane, pecunianon
Site Meter