Question about spread

(2 posts)
  1. hiandhello

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Nov 13 2017 20:07:23
    #

Login to Send PM

So I'm a medical student working at a hospital. There was a patient I had to see who had bed bugs. I was (probably a little stupid) and went into the room with a button up shirt (long-sleeved) with my white coat on, and pants. Additionally I was wearing gloves and a gown that covered at least my sleeves, chest, and part of my legs. I was wearing close-toed shoes. I was maybe in the room for 3-4 minutes talking to the patient. I didn't touch him. I don't believe I really touched the bed either. Is there any chance for transmission?

I did also go back in the room an hour later with a resident, but at that time I wore what was almost a onesie with a net over my hair and gloves as well. I also didn't touch the bed during this encounter as well. That encounter lasted maybe 10 minutes.

To be safe, I did inspect the shirt and pants I was wearing when I got home and didn't see any bugs. I was going to do laundry today anyway but I'm washing them today in case.

2. bugged-cdn

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Nov 13 2017 21:03:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I'd be really surprised if you picked up anything.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7