Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Question about bite reactions.

(5 posts)
  1. Jweesh

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 19:44:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Dealing with the aftershocks of bedbug treatment here..rrqlly paranoid. I have folliculitis, and back/shoulder acne and I have a question. Is it possible for reactions to be different when you get bit. When I was getting bit for sure, they were unbearably itchy. Got all my bites on my elbows, and my feet/ankles. Now I am getting things that look like they could be bites on my side, and on my shoulder. Two pimples right in a line. They are sore like a deep pimple would be when pressed, but absolutely no itching. What are the chances these are bites? And what are the chances I'm just paranoid and going crazy. I swear this whole experience has given me some sort of ptsd..

2. Jweesh

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 19:46:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I also sleep with shirt and pants on. Wouldn't they rather bite my arms or feet, neck or face? And not crawl up my shirt?

3. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 20:38:03
    #

Login to Send PM

They prefer bare skin and they don't like to crawl on skin.
    They would crawl on a shirt to an edge and then lean over to bite bare skin.

Bites can be different on different parts of the body and different in severity.
    Different at different times of year.

I wish they were more consistent but they vary quite a bit.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  4. tryingforcalm

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 21:27:04
    #

Login to Send PM

It is so hard to say for sure whether it is a bite or not. For me, i have had a fairly consistent reaction to bites - much like you describe, terribly itchy, twinged with pain, for much longer than mosquito bites. Swelling. Then red. Then fades. So i would not worry too much. Focus on your treatment plan and the evidence. You will be okay.

5. Bedbugmom41

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 14:30:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Jweesh
    It might be a good idea for you to get monitors.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,596 posts in 43,507 topics over 131 months by 19,061 of 19,650 members. Latest: lexie0490, onyva, Ruth989