Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Question about Bed Bug Bites

(3 posts)
  1. jrcrets

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Fri May 19 2017 12:59:04
    #

Login to Send PM

So a little over a month ago I realized I had bed bugs. My building sent a PCO out to take a look and said he found a very small infestation, what he felt were the very beginnings of one. He sprayed and thought I should be good after that (and before anyone asks, I did all the regular precautions before he visited, like washing and bagging all my clothes). When the bites first started showing up they would usually be big red welts, very very itchy, typically following the 2-3 in a row pattern.

After the spraying I hadn't had any more bites, although in the last week and a half I've noticed these super small, barely visible bumps on my skin, that really you wouldn't notice unless you ran your finger across the skin. If they itch, it tends to last 2-10 minutes and then not itch again, but I've noticed a fair number of them.

My question is, is it possible for bed bug bites to change that drastically after spraying, or am I just being paranoid? (This is a very strong possibility.) Just to be safe, I ordered a passive monitor to see if I can detect anything but I wanted to see what everyone on here thought. Thanks!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 days ago
    Fri May 19 2017 13:10:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Please see this post:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/new-bite-primer-my-5000th-post

Skin reactions can change with time and location of the body and yet do not indicate the cause.

You are doing the correct thing in terms of monitoring to confirm what is going on. I would also suggest that you read some of my posts on infestation dynamics and how people get bed bugs to make sure that you try to avoid any potential reintroduction, after all it has happened at least once already so its feasible it can continue to happen.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. jrcrets

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Fri May 19 2017 13:12:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

255,240 posts in 40,867 topics over 124 months by 17,884 of 18,271 members. Latest: DDScared97, Chelsearae0315, nervousbugdown