Punaises de lit? Montreal blog

(5 posts)
  1. Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Aug 5 2007 23:50:28
    #

Login to Send PM

If you are in Montreal or you just need to talk bed bugs in French, check out this great new blog, La Cibole de Cimex.

Corinne has just started blogging and I am impressed, and moved, by some of these posts, and I can only understand 68.99% of what she's saying.

So, if you're looking to commiserate in French or perhaps want to be pointed to French language resources (apparently there aren't many), go see Corinne.

Do come back here, of course, we still like you a lot and want to help!

Best...

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Aug 6 2007 1:37:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I saw that too. Very nice!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Blue_Ox

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Aug 6 2007 11:50:53
    #

Login to Send PM

My first encounter with bedbugs was in French also. Except I didn't realize it til years later. This was 1999 in Marseille where I had an art studio and was living elsewhere with a family. The studio was huge- probably 1000 sq feet and there was a leather couch in an under-used corner. One day I took a nap on the couch. That night at home I woke up with crazily itchy bites all over my torso. Had no idea what it was and didn't know my way around well enough to even know if there was a pharmacy open or where it was. Somehow I got back to sleep and eventually the bites went away.

I miraculously made the connection between the couch and the bites, and never went near the couch again. Now I know how lucky I was not to have brought the bugs with me back to where I was living, and not to have been bitten elsewhere in the studio (even though I did not go near the couch again). And thank god I did not bring the bugs with me back to my apartment in the US. I was in Marseille for 2 months so it would have been really easy.

I was lucky to make the connection between the couch and the bites, because back then I was under the impression that any bugs like that (even though I did not know what they were exactly) would live only in upholstered furniture and not leather.

And now, eight years later, I finally know what they're called in French too!

4. TorontoBugged

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Aug 25 2007 22:16:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Corinne's blog is well written. She references Fight Club in one entry about how the things that you own end up owning you.

In another entry she writes that she talked to her grandfather and that he told her that bed bugs were everywhere in his time. He told her a story when he was talking to someone and he was so infesteed that a bed bug crawled out from the collar of his shirt! He also mentioned that before they used to use lamp oil...I take it that's kerosene.

She also writes that her mother too did not believe her until she took a dead bug to a PCO who identified it as such. She's currently battling a second infestation in her apartment. I hope more people in Quebec and francophones out there read her blog.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Aug 26 2007 1:52:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Amen, Toronto!

I am always surprised that there are not more Canadian bed bug bloggers. The Canadian press was writing about the bed bug epidemic before the NYC one was. (And I don't believe this is because we have a bad press!) The Toronto study of bed bug incidence was in 2003.

May a thousand bed bug blogs bloom, or something like that!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.