Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Pro question: single, isolated bites each morning??

(7 posts)
  1. scarred4lyfe

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jan 6 2018 10:21:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, can any expert offer insight or reassurance on this? My wife and I moved into an apartment in the Chicago suburbs Sept. 2017. After staying with family in nearby suburbs for the holidays, I've been waking up with what LOOK like bites almost everyday.

HOWEVER:
    Each morning, I only have about one isolated "bite." No patterns or clusters. I sleep in my underwear, and one morning I had one on my stomach, another morning one in my groin area (after sleeping shirtless but in long flannel pants!), and this morning one on my leg. My legs were exposed last night, but they are hairy, and I thought bed bugs would go for accessible hairless areas, like my torso, if available?

In addition to being solo and isolated, they are also small, flat, and momentarily itchy. Once I scratch them, they disappear within the hour or less. We had a mild case of bed bugs once before, 3 years ago, in Philadelphia, and the bites then we're experienced by both of us (not just me), with bigger and longer lasting welts than this.

We also have VERY recently torn apart our apartment (including shaking out pillowcases, changing duvet covers, and looking under the mattress) for the unrelated purpose of trying to find a lost wedding ring, and found NOTHING (bed bug related; we found the ring). There are literally no other signs of bugs.

And yet... I feel like I'm going crazy again. Hoping someone can tell me these "bites" I'm getting are a reaction to something else, or anxiety related. The fact that they are so isolated and small both reassures me and mystifies me. Help????

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jan 6 2018 14:41:29
    #

Login to Send PM

When exactly were you staying somewhere else and for how long, and when exactly did these skin reactions happen in relation to those visits?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. scarred4lyfe

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jan 6 2018 15:21:42
    #

Login to Send PM

We stayed at our parents' houses for a couple of days each in the suburbs of Chicago between Christmas and New Year's. Then for three nights over New Year's we were in Northern rural Wisconsin at our uncle's lake house. I had maybe one bite show up while sleeping at my wife's parents' house, but we always check our bags as we unload at our apartment and found nothing. Since getting back New Year's day, I've discovered one bite per morning in random spots, as described above. Almost like a very mild rash or allergic reaction, but in one small spot, and disappearing almost immediately!

4. scarred4lyfe

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jan 6 2018 15:32:32
    #

Login to Send PM

One developed on my stomach literally while I was sitting in the living room watching tv, I'm pretty sure. This, at night, before going to bed.

5. ParanoidandExhausted

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jan 7 2018 21:31:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been having this exact same experience. No signs of them, but waking up with isolated red bumps that disappear within a day or two. I feel like I am going crazy to the point where I’m on the verge of tears every moment, and I literally cannot think about anything else.

6. F. Pazos

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 4:31:03
    #

Login to Send PM

You need to monitor or get an inspection.... Don't go nuts before you are sure they are bed bugs.... and if confirmed, try to not go nuts either....

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  7. Tmreid1114

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Mar 24 2018 8:53:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I stayed at my in-laws a few years ago as well as other relatives. We were having the same issues. One or two people would wake up with those isolated bumps and others would not. You may have carpet beetles. They don't actually bite but some people are allergic to the hairs on the larvae. They are not bad as bedbugs, but they are annoying and you do want to get rid of them.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,369 posts in 44,499 topics over 135 months by 19,512 of 20,192 members. Latest: crazybugkiller, friendlyroommate, Unlucky