(6 posts)
  1. Anonnymoose

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Aug 28 2017 10:59:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi!

We just went through our first chemical treatment 1 week ago (3 more to go and then a dog inspection). Our master bedroom is ground zero. I have vacuumed everywhere, matress, bedframe, carpet including edging and have seen nothing. The past 2 nights I've woken up to a single bedbug in the bed, just sitting there enough time for me to grab a tissue and smoosh it.

Is it normal for a bedbug just to stay still on the bed? I'm hoping that meant it was dead or at least dying!! Needless to say, I HATE going to bed knowing they're going to come out, especially since I found the one on my pillow next to my face!! I don't want them traveling to get my kids, so I guess I will deal, but this SUCKS!!

Will this stop after the 2nd treatment?

2. Myworstnightmare

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Aug 28 2017 16:30:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi - I am not an expert, but had my second chemical treatment on 8/16, third is in two days. I have not been able to find live bugs, but I continued to get bit (quite a bit) after my first treatment. That continued until a few days after my second treatment. So for me, things slowed down a lot after the second treatment.

As to the movement of them - I have only seen two live bugs and they moved really fast! So I am thinking that just hanging out on the bed is not normal, but like I said, only going off my own experience.

I empathize with you - my daughter's bed was ground zero. Her and her sister share a room. Since I found out the cause of my youngest daughter's bites, I have been in their room and they are in mine. Anything to keep them safe!

3. Anonnymoose

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Aug 29 2017 12:06:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much for responding to me! I definitely empathize with you as well. It's really helpful to know what I should be expecting after spending 1100.00 for chemical treatments. This has been a nightmare which I'm sure you absolutely know! Last night I saw tiny ones marching around on the bed. I killed them, but I kept waking up thinking something was crawling on me. I think even when they're gone (hopefully) I'll still think they're on me. I'm sleeping so poorly. I've taken so much Benadryl and melatonin that I can barely function.

My husband travels a lot to Detroit for work. I'm thinking it's definitely where it came from. We also think his car is infested. He left his overnight bag in his car for several weeks. He drove there yesterday and got a ton of bites on his lower back and legs. He's reacts with big itchy painful bites. I barely react at all. That's why it took us so long to figure out what it was.. I even searched for them and found nothing a month ago. After his trip yesterday, I went to the garage to throw away something, and his car was in there with a heater, dryer vent tube, and oven thermometers in the car!!! Who knows if that will even help.

I feel so isolated. I usually share everything with my closest friends, and it's really hard not telling them what I'm going through.
    Maybe when this is far behind us, I will tell people. Just so they don't go through this same nightmare.

I bet you can't wait for that 3rd treatment!! It's so sweet you're sacrificing yourself so your kids are ok. We do what we gotta do!! Good luck to you. Feel free to send me a message if you need any support.

4. Myworstnightmare

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 15:30:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Annonymoose - how has it been going? I am a week past my third treatment and STILL getting bites! this is such a nightmare!

5. Anonnymoose1

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 9:06:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm really sorry to hear that you're still getting new bites after the 3rd treatment!! We just had our second treatment last Thursday. I don't react to bites to strongly, so I'm unsure if there's any new bites, but I have seen very small nymphs when I wake up throughout the night. There was maybe 3 that I saw last night. They weren't moving fast. The one was just wandering in circles. So, I'm hoping that they're dying

Have you seen any bugs? Do you react fast to he bites? I've heard that old bites can flare up again. I'm not sure if that's 100% true though.

I forgot the email I signed up with and had to change my user name. I'm delirious anymore w/ not getting good sleep. I can refill my Xanax tonight, so I'm hoping to get a good nights rest soon. Both Unisom and benedryl both make me feel like a zombie the next day.

I was also thinking about getting a bug tent for the bed. I'm unsure if it would make the bugs go elsewhere instead of using me as bait. I figured they could still sense I was there and cross the poison. https://www.amazon.com/SansBug-1-Person-Free-Standing-Pop-Up-Mosquito-Net/dp/B003BWF9WI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505135143&sr=8-1&keywords=sansbug

6. Myworstnightmare

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 19:44:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I got bit in three spots last night. I do react overnight and I have a strong reaction. My pco seems to be tired of hearing from me. Not in a mean way but he believes his treatment protocol works and does not want to deviate from the 4th treatment being at month end them exploring a heat treatment of the room if needed. Well I can't keep on like this so today he told me if I want to get rid of the beds I can. I believe the bugs are up in it just living the good ol life. No way after six weeks should I be getting eaten alive! I paid a company to come and wrap them and haul them away.

I found one adult female running around outside the bathroom on Saturday. It was very thin did not look like it had fed. Most likely running around in a death frenzy. Last week I caught a well fed advanced stage nymph after it took its last meal on my arm. But other than that I never see anything. I think they are able to get back in the corner headboard too easily.

Here is a picture of the bed
    https://flic.kr/p/XXtLUA

I was really worried they were up in the cushion part and not passing thru chemical to get to me, I kept one mattress- the newer one that wasn't on the infested bed. It's on he floor right now and I have a simple metal frame coming on Wednesday.

I really hope this helps!!!!

I'm not sure about the bug tents. Not sure where they would go after picking up the breathing but not able to make it. They would still be crossing thru chemical though that is true!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,818 posts in 43,334 topics over 131 months by 18,996 of 19,572 members. Latest: April13Hincher, Bedbughell99, minicooper78