Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Possible fecal stains ID needed

(3 posts)
  1. freakingout123

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat Jan 6 2018 2:04:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Trying to determine if we have bed bugs. With all my searching these are the only evidence I have found besides the single bites I've been receiving. These are on my sons pillow. They kind of look like he stabbed his pillow with a pencil. I wiped them with a wet wipe and nothing happened. Thanks in advance for any input.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/140170088@N04/

2. Helerown

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat Jan 6 2018 3:08:23
    #

Login to Send PM

It's hard to say, but I had two similar marks on my mattress top. The only way I can describe it is like my mattress was dabbed with the tip of a permanent marker quickly. It didn't wipe off and God knows how long the marks were even there. My PCO did confirm it was fecal stains. I didn't find anything else on my mattress, in fact I never visually saw a live bug at all. Maybe have your place inspected just to ease your mind. If you do go that route do your research first. I was diligent for days researching local PCOs in my area before I started making calls to them and feel good about who I essentially hired. I may have jumped the gun too quickly, but between the bites on my daughter and the stains and a few suspect casings...I needed even a small amount of peace of mind.

3. bitethebullet

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat Jan 6 2018 15:03:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I’m fairly sure that when wiped with a damp finger or paper towel they will smear. Every single fecal stain on my sheets did, there were about 10 of them.

They did not come out with soap and water and also did not come out after being washed. I found some black marks the other day that wiped right off with some soap, and realized it was just makeup. Also found a blood stain that was from a cut I got at work but still freaked out.

Not every stain is a bed bug stain, we just pay more attention when we’re freaked out!

“I’ve got edge!”

“You’re about as edgy as a satsuma.”

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

275,895 posts in 45,390 topics over 138 months by 19,945 of 20,704 members. Latest: davebentonn, Therseld1931@armyspy.com, Chivabug