Possible fecal stain? ID needed

(3 posts)
  1. bb265

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Nov 6 2013 11:21:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I stayed in a hotel room in Chicago on Sept. 27 (40 days ago) that had bed bugs (according the a subsequent report from a PCO that hotel hired, there was a "minor infestation in one box spring"). I moved to France the next day and have been paranoid ever since that I brought a hitchhiker with me. I've found no evidence of bed bugs. I haven't found any stains on the sheets or mattress, including along the seams (I don't have a box spring here). I haven't found any bug skins or actual bugs. I had a delayed reaction to the bites (they started coming out four days after I left the hotel and came out over a period of several days) that was within the 14-day incubation period. My skin has been hypersensitive since, so I've noticed every single itch, but I don't believe I've gotten fresh bites.

After washing my pillow the other day, I noticed a spot that I'm hoping is not a fecal stain. I took this picture when the pillow was still a little wet. Is it possible that a fecal stain would like like this after the thing was washed? I'm inclined to think it's not but would appreciate any insight anyone has to help put my mind at ease!

bb by jpbb26, on Flickr

Here is another image after the pillow had dried; I put a pen next to it for size comparison.

bb2 by jpbb26, on Flickr

Thank you!!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Nov 6 2013 11:31:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No that is not confirming of bedbugs.

Please search for an read the "blood spots on sheets primer" to know what to look for.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. bb265

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Nov 6 2013 11:40:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the response, David! When you say it is not confirming of bed bugs, do you mean a processed blood meal wouldn't look like that after being washed? I looked at your primer, and it's clear that the stain in the photo does not look like the ones in your slides. I'm just wondering how they look after going through a washer. Thanks again!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,408 posts in 44,515 topics over 136 months by 19,518 of 20,198 members. Latest: Amy2018, sleeplessinthebay, Bugsareicky