Possible Bedbug? Need ID please! [a: de-alate termite reproductive]

(3 posts)
  1. razer272

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 18:40:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Opened a package from amazon, a fabric storage bin, and found this dead bug inside. I know it doesn't look exactly like a bedbug, but an expert ID would be much appreciated for peace of mind, as I opened the package and left it in my room for several days. Thank you all for your help, really it is greatly appreciated !!

IMGUR ALBUM LINK: https://imgur.com/a/2fSYZ

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Dec 3 2017 21:02:05
    #

Login to Send PM

razer272 - 2 days ago  » 
    Opened a package from amazon, a fabric storage bin, and found this dead bug inside. I know it doesn't look exactly like a bedbug, but an expert ID would be much appreciated for peace of mind, as I opened the package and left it in my room for several days. Thank you all for your help, really it is greatly appreciated !!
    IMGUR ALBUM LINK: https://imgur.com/a/2fSYZ

Exactly. Looks nothing like a bed bug. Different order-Blattodea. It's a de-alate termite reproductive. Flies after leaving nest along with thousands of other ones, lands, mates, wings crack off at demarcation line. Must have crawled into a box during a nuptial flight.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. razer272

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 21:59:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Phew! Loubugs, thanks so much for replying to my post, your help is much appreciated and that is one less thing to worry about, thanks a ton!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1