Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Possible bed bug in the bathroom? No other signs..

(2 posts)
  1. jmjb11

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 3 2010 10:13:50
    #

Login to Send PM

This morning I saw what looked exactly like a bed bug (flat, small, round, tan, no antennae or wings) in young adult stage on my bathroom wall. It was completely flat with no long antennae.

I panicked and did not take a picture before killing it, but here's a sketch for size and shape next to a penny: http://tinypic.com/r/2q23dpi/4

When smashing it, no blood came out.

Our bathroom is at the opposite end of our apartment from our bedroom. My boyfriend and I have no signs of bites and were not able to find anything when inspecting the bed.

Apologies for not getting a picture to help ID, but would appreciate any advice. Is it possible we tracked one in and there aren't others?

I live in NYC and have been paranoid about bed bugs because of the recent media attention. I've done my research, but don't know if seeing "one" with no other signs/symptoms is worth pulling the trigger on tearing my apartment apart and spending a ton of money.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. Bed Bug Epidemic

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 4 2010 14:06:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Way to get creative with your sketch!

Of course, I'm going to say it's hard to say with a drawing. Could be. But in the bathroom, away from your bedrooms? Seems improbably unless it was recently brought in, dropped off someone's clothing or ended up in the hamper with dirty clothes.

Perhaps for you what would work best is some type of monitor that would detect a very early problem.
    That's what I would do if I were in that position, and know what I know now.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

200,075 posts in 31,011 topics over 94 months by 13,441 of 20,848 members. Latest: Mellisa, midnightfeast, senses123