Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Possiable Bite? [a: no one can ID skin reactions as bed bug bites]

(4 posts)
  1. SouthrenIrritated

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 13 2017 11:49:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all!
    Over the past few weeks I have been getting one random small bump on either my knee, elbow or joints of my hands. They are always singular, rarely itch and are filled with a clear fluid. I think it might be a clogged pore or a sweat bump, but I also have pretty severe anxiety and it has decided it is a bed bug bite.
    ANY info on a possiably would be greatly appreciated

https://imgur.com/f2W6sIr

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 13 2017 12:37:36
    #

Login to Send PM

There's no way to diagnose with a photo of a skin irritation. You'll want to look for cast skins, fecal deposits and live bed bugs; there are thousands of possible causes for your skin irritations of which bed bugs is only one possibility, and with no supporting evidence I would look elsewhere for the cause.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  3. SouthrenIrritated

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 13 2017 13:04:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I have looked for fecal matter, casts and live bugs but have found none thankfully. I'm pretty much posting here to help quite the anxiety in hopes the spot doesn't looks like a bed bug bite.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Jul 14 2017 0:56:41
    #

Login to Send PM

But no one can tell you by looking at it if it could be a bed bug bite.

You didn't find signs. That's very good.

Since it's only been going on a few weeks, it's possible there are few signs and you haven't found them yet. You could use bed bug monitors and check weekly to make sure.

However, the chances are it's something else. Do you live somewhere with mosquitos? If not, there are likely still many other possible causes.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,826 posts in 43,337 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7