Poppy seeds on my ktchn counter?

(5 posts)
  1. Ruth

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 13 2012 1:50:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in an apt for 1 yr 2 mos and recently found poppy seed size bugs on my kitchen counter... Thought they might be fleas cuz I have an indoor cat and a pug but he only comes in at nght to sleep in his crate far frm my ktchn... I use Advantage on both my pets... Any idea what these crawling poppy seeds on my counter are? They smash when I kill them wth a paper towel.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 13 2012 13:58:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its difficult to id and offer help without an image. At the same time its hard to get good pictures of small things.

It sounds most likely that you have a mite or a stored product pest.

I would strongly advise you to capture some onto clear tape and have an entomologist identify them.

Once you know what it is you can find out how its best to deal with it.

It does not sound bedbug related though.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Open minds find faster solutions"

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  3. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 13 2012 19:15:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Perhaps cigarette or drugstore beetles or even the hard to see cl. Rains bug.

4. Bugged out in Da Bronx

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 21 2012 21:41:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,
    If I can chime in on this thread I have a question. I once read somewhere that baby bbs (recently hatched) look like poppy seeds. Is this true? From what I've read and the photos I've seen on this site they're not black at all. Can someone (hopefully a pro) confirm? I ask because I brought home a plant some time ago and found these black poppy seed like things all over my floor. Since then I've been getting some skin reactions. Thanks.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 21 2012 23:35:23
    #

Login to Send PM

No-- first instar nymphs are clear when they hatch and red after they feed-- and never black.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

201,620 posts in 31,238 topics over 95 months by 13,514 of 17,224 members. Latest: acaris, Closesuise, xMakiMakix