1. leelee

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun May 14 2017 22:07:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Please ID bug? - Quickly ran across laundry room floor

Full Size Photo

See below for why I'm concerned about bed bugs... any advice on whether I should be concerned would be greatly appreciated.... Thank you.

About 1 month ago, I purchased some vintage, used Apple Computer items off of eBay including 2 keyboards, 4 mice, 2 power cords, and 3 boxed software discs all from different sellers.

I am paranoid about germs, bugs, etc. so I opened all packages outside. I restore these items as I collect them. For the keyboards I remove every key and take the keyboard fully apart. The individual keys are soaked in soapy water and the rest of the keyboard is blown out with compressed air and cleaned with rubbing alcohol. For the mice and power cords, each one was thoroughly blown out and cleaned with rubbing alcohol but was not taken apart. For the software boxes, everything was checked.

Since the above was done before I knew about how common bed bugs were I didn't look super, super carefully but regardless did not find anything alarming that I can remember. After the items were cleaned (several days later). I did place them in my bedroom on the floor.

It has been several weeks now and I have found nothing but tend to get a little OCD about stuff like this. I ripped the room apart last week and found nothing but some carpet beetles and spiders that I posted on here. Since then I have checked and checked, finding nothing so far. After 1 month would I notice bedbugs if I was looking carefully?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 15 2017 5:11:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bed bugs.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,798 posts in 42,219 topics over 127 months by 18,529 of 19,024 members. Latest: Graham35, katieny, teemo87