Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Please help!! Recently found bed bugs!!!

(4 posts)
  1. HeatherC

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Sep 13 2017 19:01:39
    #

Login to Send PM

A couple of days ago I discovered that my daughter bed had bed bugs. For the last month or two she has been getting bites on her arms, I just thought it was from playing outside. This weekend I found several bed bugs in her bed. The top mattress only had a couple of small spots on it so I vacuumed the mattress, sprayed it with bed bug spray and put a bed bug mattress cover over it then I started on the box spring and OMG I found the bed bug hot spot.! I sprayed the entire box spring and decided to throw it out. The night stand by her bed had some specially under the glass top, I took that off and sprayed it, then took a napkin and cleaned it off. Her dresser only had a couple (I took it apart and sprayed everything) today I decided to get rid of every piece of furniture in her room. As for her clothes and everything else that can be washed And placed them in a garbage bag and put them in a comer in her room and have brought one bag out at a time to be washed in hot water. I took her hard toys the ones I decided not to throw away and placed them in steaming hot bleach water where they have been soaking for about 3 days, hoping to drown them. I took off the plug in fixtures but there wasn't anything in there not even poo residue. She has carpet and I have been spraying pesticide all over her carpet walls and cracks every day since I found out, I do vacuum each time before I spray. She literally has nothing in her room but the last two bags I have to wash and a mattress with a bed bug cover plus a pillow that also has a bed bug cover on it. I have checked the room beside hers and all the other rooms in the house and I do not see any signs of bed bugs. So did I catch it early enough and do enough to stop them dirty little buggers or I'm I in for a battle??? Please help!! I have never had bed bugs and have no idea how she got them!!!

2. Tim m

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Sep 13 2017 19:29:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry you are dealing with this. Its hard to say if you got them all that's the thing about bed bugs you think you got them all then bam weeks even months later you find one.

Most company's do free inspections I would call them. Also look into passive and active BB monitors.

3. HeatherC

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Sep 13 2017 19:49:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I didn't know that companies would inspect for free, I will call around tomorrow to see if any around here will be willing to come out. Is there anything else that I should do? I plan on steam cleaning the carpet this weekend.

4. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 10:56:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Companies around here charge $100 for inspection. Ugh.

I'm not sure there much else you can do. It's a wait and watch game. 👎

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,050 posts in 42,686 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us