Please Help: Need Identification [a: isopod]

(3 posts)
  1. Marisa455

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Apr 12 2017 20:24:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there, I had bed bugs about 4 months ago, and am now paranoid that I may have them again. Found this dead bug, and cannot figure out what it is. Does not look like a normal cockroach that I've seen around my place. Is this a bed bug?

https://goo.gl/photos/Kzb31pkZ5UgNqWV79

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Apr 12 2017 20:59:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Isopod, land crustacean, not bed bug.

Bird dreams are not admissible in court.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 17:27:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Marisa455 - 21 hours ago  » 
    Hi there, I had bed bugs about 4 months ago, and am now paranoid that I may have them again. Found this dead bug, and cannot figure out what it is. Does not look like a normal cockroach that I've seen around my place. Is this a bed bug?

As BD noted, it's not even an insect. Please compare the different views in your photographs to pictures of bed bugs so you can see that yours has many more than 6 legs. The body is multi-segmented and there isn't 3 body parts characteristic of insects. This way you won't have unnecessary worry when you come across it again.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

255,578 posts in 40,931 topics over 125 months by 17,911 of 18,303 members. Latest: hunkamunka, jt90808, Ihbb9